PS4 controller charges usb then dies?

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a weird issue with my controller it's acting like it's charging then when it's unplugged it instantly dies to no battery assuming over the years something could have came unplugged and or it needs a battery replacement

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a weird issue with my controller it's acting like it's charging then when it's unplugged it instantly dies to no battery assuming over the years something could have came unplugged and or it needs a battery replacement
Mine did that after it failed to pair with my switch and then I tried to pair it back with my PS4.

I solved it... but I don't know what solved it.

I held the reset button on the controller.
I replaced the battery.
I replaced the ribbon cable inside (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S1C17LQ).
I replaced the PS4 pairing cable (micro USB cable with all 5 pins)

It worked after I replaced the cable and paired it with my PSTV.... I then could pair it with my PS4, my switch, my Android devices etc.

It's so confusing. I hope my info helps and I hope to find the real reason if someone else posts it.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: K3Nv2

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine did that after it failed to pair with my switch and then I tried to pair it back with my PS4.

I solved it... but I don't know what solved it.

I held the reset button on the controller.
I replaced the battery.
I replaced the ribbon cable inside (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S1C17LQ).
I replaced the PS4 pairing cable (micro USB cable with all 5 pins)

It worked after I replaced the cable and paired it with my PSTV.... I then could pair it with my PS4, my switch, my Android devices etc.

It's so confusing. I hope my info helps and I hope to find the real reason if someone else posts it.

I'm actually surprised that it's harder to find replacement DS4 controllers now, some knock offs look meh installing the battery at least looks simple easy I can't remember if their was any spills that could affect that hopefully some rubbing alcohol can clean it up if their are.

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually surprised that it's harder to find replacement DS4 controllers now, some knock offs look meh installing the battery at least looks simple easy I can't remember if their was any spills that could affect that hopefully some rubbing alcohol can clean it up if their are.
I hope this isn't the problem but...

Did you plug your dualshock4 into a qualcomm quick charger?

Fast chargers break dualshock4s. :(

grabman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh hey man. i had the problem too and like others posted it seemed to happen after trying to use it on other device then coming back to ps4. What seemed to help with me was connecting it straight to a ps4 with usb while ps4 then power on ps4 then immediately power on ps4 controller and it sorta resynced and was fine. There is also this small reset on the bottom. If you have a pc does it work fine when wired to a pc? if so you should be fine it’s just not syncing properly for some reason. Good luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: