1. alexh

OP alexh Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I tried to play a PS4 game for the first time today. Not one of the PS4 discs I tried worked (Street Fighter V, Uncharted 4, Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection, Wipeout Omega)

Could it be that at launch there was no PS4 support in the firmware?

I've had my UK PS5 since launch, I've not gone online, the only FW update I have done is the one on the Demon Souls disc (20.01-14).

2. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    from what I've read, patches have been made to the ps4 emulator. it may or may not work at all out of the box, dunno. I don't own a ps5 though, but there was a mention on the uk version of sony's website that a firmware update was needed for ps4 bc, but then it was removed, so I don't know if that's true.

3. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    I have a digital game that won't work. Gravity Rush Remastered. The Uncharted discs are working for me, I don't have the others. Why not update your FW to see if that remedies things? If you're waiting for a hack, good luck on that. Edit: Gotta love posts where the OP never comes back and says what ended up happening.

Last edited by D34DL1N3R, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    That's odd, I gave it a shot after reading your post and Gravity Rush Remastered works fine for me. I have it installed on an external HDD, not sure if that's what made the difference.

Everything in my library works on PS5 except Yakuza Kiwami 2 (which I also have on PC) and the MediEvil demo (who cares).

Last edited by Xzi, Mar 2, 2021
  5. vincentx77

vincentx77 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Gravity Rush Remastered works fine for me as well, as does Street Fighter V. I got mine on launch day, but I connected it to the internet immediately. Honestly, I think all of my PS4 games work except for a couple of demos. Of everything I've tested, Okage: The Shadow King is the only one I've had any real issues with. It plays, but with a good bit of graphical distortion. Or at least it did. I haven't tested it again in a little while.

6. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

The early system updates are probably mostly for adding backwards compatibility. I think it's worth updating if you have PS4 games you want to play.

I can't believe there's still no word on SSD expansion (and doesn't look like there will be before summer).

7. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    Well that's very odd. I wonder why it's not working for me. I also redeemed a Demon's Souls code and even though it was in my transaction list... it didn't show up in my library to actually download for over 24 hrs. Said not purchased in the store also, then suddenly showed at purchased/downloadable the next day. I'll have to contact Sony if Gravity Rush Remastered continues to not work.

vincentx77 and Xzi like this.
  8. alexh

OP alexh Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I can't update because there is no broadband in the house and only 3G cellular. As soon as lockdown ends I'll take it to work or a friends house.

9. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

You don't need to take it anywhere, you just need to download the update to a USB stick.

10. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    Would take 15-30 minutes to download the update file on 3G, no? Why wait? :)

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - compatiblity, Backwards,