Ps3xport

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by absinthee, Dec 24, 2014.

1. absinthee
    OP

absinthee Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2010
    United States
    So, a friend just sent me a link to something called Ps3xport. It was just released yesterday and I was curious if anyone here was aware of it or how legit it is.

Code:
    http://kakaroto.homelinux.net/2014/12/ps3xport-released/

2. Vappy

Vappy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 23, 2012
    Kakaroto is a trusted dev, it's definitely legitimate. Cool release too.

3. scoops

scoops Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2014
    United States
    I have a question. I used the IDPS stealer and got it from my ps3 which is OFW latest. Can anyone tell me what this program might be able to do for me, because I seem to not have an understanding of it as of yet. Read the the read me, and I don't quite get it.

4. autechre

autechre Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2014
    This release allows the you to dump the PS3 /dev_hdd0 and /dev_flash2 to your PC which can then be de-encrypted and modified (with your IDPS data), and then re-encrypted and copied back to your PS3. You would have full access so I assume one could edit the stock OFW with a spoofed CFW, then after a system restore the CFW would be installed ? Thanks Kakaroto and Flatz for all your work.

5. scoops

scoops Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2014
    United States

Hmm... that sounds possible, but I'm going to have to wait until someone who is more knowledgeable than I to make a tut on that. I apreciate the explanation by the way. :) this could be the start of home-brew for higher firmwares than 4.55