Hacking PS3xploit CFW 4.82 Question...

xpoverzion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Question about PS2 Compatibility on PS3.

Looking for some clarity on playing PS2 ISO's on a CECH 2001A PS3. I understand that only some of the very early releases of PS3 had hardware compatibility for PS2 games. If I apply the PS3xploit to my CECH 2001A PS3, will this allow me to play PS2 ISO's via software emulation? If so, is PS2 emulation on the PS3 generally reliable?

Thanks in advance..

D

Deleted User

Looking for some clarity on playing PS2 ISO's on a CECH 2001A PS3. I understand that only some of the very early releases of PS3 had hardware compatibility for PS2 games. If I apply the PS3xploit to my CECH 2001A PS3, will this allow me to play PS2 ISO's via software emulation? If so, is PS2 emulation on the PS3 generally reliable?

Thanks in advance..

Been running ps1 and ps2 on my slim Ps3 smoothly for years.

ma16v3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been running ps1 and ps2 on my slim Ps3 smoothly for years.

What would you say would be the most demanding game you've run in the PS2 emulator. I've had my doubts about the quality of an all-software PS2 emulator in a system like the PS3 for a long time.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks in advance..
yes. What I like to do is either FTP or USB/External HDD transfer my iso and bin files to HDD0 to the proper folders in multiman.

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The unmodified differences for PS2/PS1 Game compatibility are kind of weird:
FAT PS3's have the PS2's hardware built into them, some of the slim models have the hardware built in but at some point emulation was just used instead of the actual hardware.
Superslims (if your wondering for whatever reason :P) do not have emulation or hardware and PS2 or PS1 Games at all, some superslim PS3's (for some reason) do actually support PS1 Games but I guess it varies on which unit/model you buy :/. I own a glacier white CECH-4001C and for whatever reason I can play Twisted Metal 1 & 4 just fine on it.

Edit:
As far as PS2/PS1 Backups or emulation. No idea but I would guess you would need a compatible PS3 to run those games anyway.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are some games with compatibility issues and bugs. The emulation itself is stable to play them it just depends on the game.
I know that Kingdom Hearts 2 has ingame bug when you fight the boss at Tron's world the 2nd time his HP will never go down so you can't progress the game just an example. But KH2 can be played as a PS3 game now
Oh and PSP games look amazing they are actually in 1080p.. They look better than PS2 games don't ask me why Crises Core on the PS3 :)

Last edited by MasterJ360,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...