PS3 wireless networking problem

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Wanted, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Wanted
    OP

Wanted GBAtemp Regular

Nov 5, 2002
    New Zealand
    Wellington NZ
    Got s PS3 with my new TV and i'm having a problem with the networking. Others can definately run a PS3 with WEP and MAC filtering so it should be possible. Anyway here goes:

I use WEP because I need to use my DS with wireless. To add security I hide the SSID and filter to only allow certain MAC addresses. The problem is my PS3 says it can't connect. It only works when I disable the MAC filtering. I checked the MAC address from the system settings and added it 100% correctly.

If I disable the MAC filter and connect I can see the PS3 connected to the router and the MAC matches what I have allowed. No matter what I do it just fails with the filter on. Oh and it works through ethernet with the MAC filter on too...

I was guessing the wireless MAC is not the same as the ethernet one but like I said when I connect wirelessly the MAC it shows as connected is the same one.

Any ideas?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice