Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Sony just announced at their conference in Gamescom!

It will be available in the first week of September for U$299 in NA, 299 Euros in Europe and 29980 yen in Japan.

It has all the functions that the PS3 has with a 120GB HDD. 33% smaller and 36% lighter.

source: http://kotaku.com/5339968/sony-announces-s...-this-september

Hardkaare

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
This has already been posted somewhere i believe.
Anyway would be cool if the price of the ps3 drops because of this.
And why does sony always make slim versions of everything?
wacko.gif

blueskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still hoping for software based BC as an update.. doubt it will happen, but I want to finish Shadow of the Colossus without buying another PS2!!
I think that pic looks pretty good, I like the matte finish rather than the gloss. Though some side shots or comparison shots would be nice to see how slimmer it actually is.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Getting a PS3 actually makes sense now....but I'm still not getting one. Don't have the cash and still not enough good exclusive games for my taste.

blueskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the price drop was a good move.. compared to the xbox 360 (even though their feature lists don't really match up and the 360 will eventually cost more), most people only see that initial cost and make their decision.

Also, the ps2 -> slim conversion looked way bettert than this. Ps2 slim was SO tiny! I loved it

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
^^ Chansey
laugh.gif

*Pokeball GO!!!!!!!!!*

well looks pretty hideous, but heck as long as it does the job (no fanboy-ism intended). With this the PS3 fat price WILL drop, which is great...this maybe what Sony needs to get back on track, 299$ isn't bad at all, i mean thats a 120GB HDD< and the 360 Elite for example RRP's at around 399.99$ so yeah....

Sony you may go far with this...i hope.

But it looks terrible.
frown.gif
But looks can be deceiving.

SO ok, no memory card reader thing, less USB ports.... lets see where Sony is going with this. Hopefully it wont be a rush job *Cough* 360*cough* cough*

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
I'll buy it only if it has BC. I do not want to still have that PS2 Slim along with a PS3 Slim
frown.gif
The no BC was what stopped me from buying it in the first place and now they have a chance to put it back in and maybe it will work with the burned ps2 games hack.

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Since when did console looks really matter? I mean, it's not going outside and chances are you're the only one looking at it. I'd probably buy it for the price, but only if backwards compatibility is better.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has no backwards compatibility...thought maybe Sony will add that in an update one day...they did patent something for software backwards compatibility on PS3 some time ago so we'll see. But once I get a job, I will definitely by one of these!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Only if you send him feet