PS1/2 PS3 Pre-Order...How is it doing so far?

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had plans to try and buy a PS3 in Hong Kong and then try and make a profit.... thank goodness I didn't go through with it as it meant that I couldn't lug the box back to the UK without having to pay extra (and it has to go in the cargo bay where it will get crushed) and then trying to sell it will result in no profit and I can't play DVDs on it because it's a different region.

blackjack

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I went to a big shop which has been advertising the midnight release of the PS 3 for quite a while. When I got there (3pm) there were about 40+ PS 3 left. Not much interest for the playable one's as well (F1 Game and Motor something).

People might get one eventually but for this price? And the graphic doesn't look too impressive as well.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Today i went to Media Markt here in Germany and saw several PS3s on the shelf ready to be bought, but no one to buy them. And that on the day of its launch. Really didn't expect that much non-interest.

When I remember the Wii launch day and the fight I had to go through to get a Wii
wink.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
When I remember the Wii launch day and the fight I had to go through to get a Wii
wink.gif
Hey, at least you got a Wii; some people still can't find one. Now that's what I call a successful launch
grog.gif

(We need a "yay Wii" emoticon.)

Blebleman

GBAtemp Old-Timer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I went to a big shop which has been advertising the midnight release of the PS 3 for quite a while. When I got there (3pm) there were about 40+ PS 3 left. Not much interest for the playable one's as well (F1 Game and Motor something).

People might get one eventually but for this price? And the graphic doesn't look too impressive as well.

OK, this, I have to mention. Am I the only person in the world that can see that the MotorStorm demo CLEARLY lags like heck?

I work in a game store, so I watch people play that demo machine all the time. No one sees that the game suffers from severe slowdowns. I hope this is not the case for the full version. Maybe one of you guys could enlighten me.
smile.gif

I personally would not buy a PS3 right now, because I think buying a 700$CDN machine for 4-5 good games just isn't worth it right now. Cut that price by 150$, and there'd probably be one in my living room as we speak.

I just find that 700$CDN is like Sony spitting me in the face. Directly.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wink.gif
Hey, at least you got a Wii; some people still can't find one. Now that's what I call a successful launch
grog.gif

(We need a "yay Wii" emoticon.)

thats what you call not making enough wiis . Sony have made enough to go around that why there is lots of ps3 in the shops. ( yes i know thw wii sells more) Well nintendo should have known that and made more.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I personally would not buy a PS3 right now, because I think buying a 700$CDN machine for 4-5 good games just isn't worth it right now. Cut that price by 150$, and there'd probably be one in my living room as we speak.
The math involved is simple: For the same amount of cash, would you rather have a PS3 and no beer, or an Xbox360 and $300 in beer money?
microsoft_beer_as_math.jpg

The choice is yours!
grog.gif

Seriously now, there are still too few games for the PS3, not enough Blu-Ray movies to attract people, and the price is too high for what it has to offer at the moment (a few games and no movies). The sales will go up in a year or two, when there's enough games, enough movies, and the price will probably drop too.

EDIT:
QUOTE(thegame07 @ Mar 24 2007, 01:22 PM)thats what you call not making enough wiis . Sony have made enough to go around that why there is lots of ps3 in the shops. ( yes i know thw wii sells more) Well nintendo should have known that and made more.
Nintendo made more Wii consoles than Sony made PS3's, and still, all Wii's have been sold, and there are PS3's on store shelves. I'm comparing these two: "more consoles made, all of them sold" and "less consoles made, even less consoles sold".

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
My dad bought a PS3 yesterday :S

He said he got sick and tired of waiting for a new shipment of the Wii so he went for the PS3 now that it came out. Also, he didn't have to pre-order it since there are still many systems left unsold.

Now, speaking for myself, I feel sorry for him and angry at Nintendo for not being able to get enough machines out. What's the matter with Nintendo anyway?? Are they having growing aches??

Edit:
Also, as a comment on the above picture I must point out that there is at least one beer together with the PS3. And from the looks of it it seems to be a nicer beer than those foster you get with the xbox.

Me + Foster = Not going to happen

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

OK, this, I have to mention. Am I the only person in the world that can see that the MotorStorm demo CLEARLY lags like heck?

I work in a game store, so I watch people play that demo machine all the time. No one sees that the game suffers from severe slowdowns. I hope this is not the case for the full version. Maybe one of you guys could enlighten me.
smile.gif

I just find that 700$CDN is like Sony spitting me in the face. Directly.
No lags on the full version (that I actually noticed) but it looks quite blurry on a regular TV, looks very brown. I've heard that most PS3 games only look great on HD, on normal Telly's they kinda look like PS2 games. I don't have a fancy telly but my 360 games still look next gen so dunno what the hell is going on there.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
And from the looks of it it seems to be a nicer beer than those foster you get with the xbox.

Me + Foster = Not going to happen
Well it doesn't have to be Fosters, does it? If you happen to have enough money to buy a PS3 in your hand, you can either buy the PS3 (and get a consolation beer from your friends, to cheer you up when you realise you just bought a PS3), or you can buy an X360, and have $300 left over to buy whatever beer you like. And if you happen to buy Fosters', well, it's your own fault then.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony hasn't really been forthright with the whole Europe sales thing so far, or any other countries outside Japan and America, usually after a console has been launched, a few days later the company says something about how well it did, only bit of info I find is at Vgcharts.org where it basically says "0.52m Others" others being places other than Japan and America.

I read that its not done too well in Australia, New Zealand and the middle east.

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The store where I work, took around half the pre-orders it did for the Wii (and the wii ones were cut off because we didnt have enough machines - not because of demand). Our midnight launch lasted an hour (instead of estimated 2 hours) and saw around 25 people turn up. Around 100 consoles were sold on launch day (massive takings for that day!) in total. At the moment there is around 40 machines for general sale. When I worked saturday, I counted around 20 people asking if we had wii's... where as we only sold 2 general sale PS3's.

Interestingly, PS3 games are selling better than Wii games did/are. Wii games hardly sell at all.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The store where I work, took around half the pre-orders it did for the Wii (and the wii ones were cut off because we didnt have enough machines - not because of demand). Our midnight launch lasted an hour (instead of estimated 2 hours) and saw around 25 people turn up. Around 100 consoles were sold on launch day (massive takings for that day!) in total. At the moment there is around 40 machines for general sale. When I worked saturday, I counted around 20 people asking if we had wii's... where as we only sold 2 general sale PS3's.

Interestingly, PS3 games are selling better than Wii games did/are. Wii games hardly sell at all.
Well to be honest it does have a better range at the moment, though to me Zelda beats all of them. The price of 3rd party games is disgusting, £50 round near me, but the first party ones are £40.

I know in Southend when the Wii came out my mate works in Gamestation claimed that Zelda and Red Steel sold with every Wii he sold.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: It was the best moment of my life.