PS3 Metldr Exploit Leaked

Vinnymac

Trophies
Website
nds-roms.com
XP
Country
United States
Maybe when the ps3 is dead I will buy one and download all the games I didn't care enough to play. All based on whether this goes anywhere.

(So many ifs, back to nintendo + ms)

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
When the PS3 first came out i told myself that id wait for a slim version (I knew from day one since they did it with the PS1 and PS2 so...) But after a few PS3 revision they removed the Backward compatibility hardware to lower cost, then dropped the emulator as well so i totally forsake getting one.

Now with something like this in the open, if we can get a nice custom firmware taht gives us freedom like on the Wii, I will be getting a PS3 very shortly ^^

Gitaroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I thought Geohot posted the metldr  key that was why Sony went ape shit on him in the first place. Team failflow or whatever commented long ago that Geohot went too far by posting the metldr basically leave the system wide open.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
seriously, this is quite huge and very difficult to bypass unless sony pulls off a masterpiece safety plan like they did with the first hack when ppl said all the keys are known so sony cant do anything but they did,
i hoping big with this, great and thanks for the news.

Kayot

Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Geohot found the key, but never released it. He did release a tool used to break the encryption on non-npdrm programs. That sounds impressive, till you realize that he released another tool that encrypted into npdrm. It was a broken cycle.

Then he caved to Sony's demands in an undisclosed settlement rather than fight a case that could have made CFW legal instead of a gray area.

A few other white knights claim to have found the key as well and I hope that they don't surface during this. They kill all progress twords the goal of an open system by being Corporate Nazi Police.

There are so many rumors about what this key is for that I'm not sure what it does anymore. It may as well open a chest filled with gummie bears at this point.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i thought the master key was found a long time ago by Geohot?

If that were true, all of Sony's OFW's would be PWND by now, since Homebrew could be signed. He only found an exploit to run unsigned code on certain Firmwares.
It was true. Sony countered by using new keys and a white list for their executables with old keys.
Nobody thought they would be able to do it, but they were.

With this new exploit you should be able to make custom firmware of every OFW, current and future, on existing hardware ofcourse.
I think for consoles that are higher than OFW 3.55 you'll still need a new exploit to gain access. But I could be wrong there...

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you want the private keys sony was sneeky origionaly (3.55 or below) the kkeys were stored here but they are now stored at lv 0 (3.56+) in other wwords we have to be patient

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my bad...it was actually the metldr that was cracked a long time ago. it's not longer used, so it's essentially useless for the most part. however, some hackers claim that u further examination of the loader may yield information needed for cracking bootldr. it's likely bootldr would've been cracked months ago, but the original hackers only wanted linux capabilities which they currently have it will be hacked eventually though...

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
my bad...it was actually the metldr that was cracked a long time ago. it's not longer used, so it's essentially useless for the most part. however, some hackers claim that u further examination of the loader may yield information needed for cracking bootldr. it's likely bootldr would've been cracked months ago, but the original hackers only wanted linux capabilities which they currently have it will be hacked eventually though...
so that means it's useless?

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
feedme.jpg

From some other person
446806616.jpg

From Math.

Looks interesting, but that is all since no one who is capable of doing this will release any info.

I just thought I should post these related pics.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Hey hey!