Hardware Ps3 Hardrive Suttering Issue

Kthekingk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys so I a bought this hard drive about a week ago http://ncix.com/products/?sku=54088&...20Digital%20WD its a 750 gig sata 2 but I've heard it has the usual stuttering problem due to it being 3gb/s instead of 1.5gb/s! Does anyone know how to reduce the speed ? And i heard you can use wdidle3 to limit the speed but how do I hook up the hard drive to my pc to actually even do this ? Man Im confused
sad.gif

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Some HDDs come with some pins. You can use a jumper to connect two of those pins which should force it to 1.5Gbs operation.

As for hooking your drive to the PC, there are a number of ways that all involve the SATA II interface. Either stick it inside your PC using SATA, use eSATA, use an external USB enclosure, or use an external HDD dock. Once it's connected, the PC should recognise it as a HDD (probably in RAW format) and you can use whatever tools on it.

Kthekingk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Originality said:
Some HDDs come with some pins. You can use a jumper to connect two of those pins which should force it to 1.5Gbs operation.

As for hooking your drive to the PC, there are a number of ways that all involve the SATA II interface. Either stick it inside your PC using SATA, use eSATA, use an external USB enclosure, or use an external HDD dock. Once it's connected, the PC should recognise it as a HDD (probably in RAW format) and you can use whatever tools on it.

My hard drive didnt come with any pins so I dont think thats an option
frown.gif
. Is there any place where i could order the pins ? Or is there another way to limit the speed? Thanks for the help man

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
first you should put it on your pc and run "WinDLG" from western digital's site - full scan.

never trust a new drive, you dont know how much it was banged around in transit between the factory & you.

always do a full surface-scan on any new drive before you use it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: idk