Hardware Ps3 disc drive problem

legoinventeor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello everyone, I seem to be having a problem with my ps3 2504A I just got.
When I try to put a disc into it, it makes sounds but doesn't take it in, there seems to be a part that's blocking the disc from inserting.
View attachment 176592
I can put it over that part but it will just get stuck and not even force eject it.

The part behind it does move up and down independently.
View attachment 176593
View attachment 176594

The top part of the disc drive fits well with it.

Is there anything I can do about it? How much would a replacement cost?
Thanks.

Haizum74

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When I first stripped my PS3 down and put it back together, I couldn't get a disc in and it turned out the opening and the disc drive were slightly out of alignment (in my case I had screwed things down too much).

Reactions: legoinventeor

legoinventeor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
When I first stripped my PS3 down and put it back together, I couldn't get a disc in and it turned out the opening and the disc drive were slightly out of alignment (in my case I had screwed things down too much).

Alright, A lot of things have happened since the first post so I'll make an update.

First of all, I didn't mention that I got this ps3 from a guy that claimed that there was a disc stuck in it. I got the ps3 anyway because I thought removing a stuck disc wouldn't be too hard. Turns out that it seems that he had tried to remove it and succeed but he couldn't put it back together as some ribbon cables weren't plugged in. The worst part about it was that the ps3 has almost no screws. When I checked the disc drive it looked fine but didn't move that peice I showed in the first post.
By now I have noticed that the plastic gears in the bottom right corner of the eject feed mechanism would turn without catching onto anything. If you move the big black plastic peice onto the gears it will be able to turn all the way to the left and move the bigger peice for a while until it snaps out and of it when it goes to the left and leaves the gear turning forever again. The space between the gear and the black peice that's supposed to be pulled in is minimal, if I pull it back with my finger a little bit, it catches on.

This are the gears I was talking about:
20190819_094209.jpg

And this is the black peice behind the gears that doesn't always move with the them:
20190819_094252.jpg

Last edited by legoinventeor, , Reason: More info

legoinventeor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Also does anyone know what function gives this white bottom peice with the little gear next to it?
It seems to stop the black peice from moving more so I think it might be the key to fixing this but it doesn't seem to help a lot. The little gear next to it has a screw next to it but it doesn't look like it secures it. It also just turns in place.
20190819_100902.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr