PS3 controller on PC and troubles with it (help)

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by fatsquirrel, Aug 10, 2017.

1. fatsquirrel
    OP

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    Hello laddies

I hope I somewhat posted this in the ''right'' section of forum, since it's not really about ps3 itself...anyway

I have massive trouble getting my PS3 Dualshock controller recognized by Windows 10. I wasted 4 hours yesterday trying to get it working.
    I'm planning on using SCP software to emulate Xbox controller like it should be done (and like I did it before, when it was working (I reformatted later)) however I cannot even get that far in the process since the PC refuses to recognize my controller. I tried disabling windows driver checking, I tried different ports on PC, even tried the hub, removing all old drivers and reinstalling (old scp). Nothing works.

I simply cannot get it to be recognized by PC. Theres nothing in device manager that would indicate that it was recognized by system.
    I know that this cable works and since I do not have a spare with me I have to assume its not a cable because it was working 5 days ago when I was changing the bluetooth address on my ''portable'' controller that I use with iPhone.

Anyway does anyone know what is preventing my system to recognize the controller?

PS: Should a hard reset (via the underside button) of DS3 wipe the bluetooth address stored in the controller? Because I tried hard resetting it yesterday and it was still paired to my PS3. Should I assume that the controller is somehow faulty?

I know this is not really a PC gaming or Playstation based community however I hope someone out there can help me :)

Cheerios

Last edited by fatsquirrel, Aug 10, 2017