Hacking Homebrew PS3 CFW FTP HELP!

ILeo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So i tried this https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-have-very-fast-ftp-ps3-cfw-dex-cex.441180/ used to ftp a 8gb game to hhd, worked for some time then it stopped working at 1.9gb queue

Tried again and again and now I'm at 11gb queue, I did resume and they will skip it but i can't get it to connect. It connect the first time but after a while not even 2 min doesn't work no more, no timeout on multiman ftp.
1632963675541.png

Do i need some kind of package? rebugtool? i only got multiman, webman mod and retroarch.
CEX COBRA 8.3 / 4.88 evilnat

EDIT ------------>>>
I think i might have some problems with the ps3 too.

This is what rebugtool says:
1632966497938.png

And this is what multiman says:
1632966546289.png

I'm not sure whats wrong with it i just bought it and didnt update anything to it just only added webman mod and rebugtool to fix ftp but still won't work keeps disconnecting.

Also when i left rebugtools and multiman sometimes will get stuck at this, not even going to xmb
1632966644748.png

Last edited by ILeo,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try openps3ftp. remember to place it in the boot_plugins.txt (place its location that is). I have mine in a folder I named plugins. anyway, I find this to be faster at connecting than the ones done by apps, but all are based on this plugin's as you can see on its github:

Attachments

• openps3ftp.zip
    17.1 KB · Views: 158
Reactions: ILeo

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, that ip is weird. I usually just have an ip for the system, then an ip for the ps3. I can't recall if the bridged connection has a separate ip though. but I highlight both wifi and the lan connection then click on bridge connections whenever I use ethernet. be warned that ftp will fail if you try doing lots of small files, so it's not good for jb folders. it's a limitation of the ps3 itself, not the apps. it's very good for iso files and packages though.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used ethernet for all package files or most of them, and all iso files, which was maybe 700GBs altogether. I don't use an external hdd at all, so everything is on internal.

ILeo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah, that ip is weird. I usually just have an ip for the system, then an ip for the ps3. I can't recall if the bridged connection has a separate ip though. but I highlight both wifi and the lan connection then click on bridge connections whenever I use ethernet. be warned that ftp will fail if you try doing lots of small files, so it's not good for jb folders. it's a limitation of the ps3 itself, not the apps. it's very good for iso files and packages though.
Try using what your network give you not designated ip given by guide.
I used wired connection no internet at all, worked good when tired to transfer a file 1gb worked pretty good

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, but you can use the ip of the ps3: the one that probably starts with 192 instead of the one you're using. same with the pc.

ILeo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I used ethernet for all package files or most of them, and all iso files, which was maybe 700GBs altogether. I don't use an external hdd at all, so everything is on internal.
Also it was not a iso file it was some folders.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try an iso. folders usually cause the connection to fail at one point due to threading, I think. it happens so quickly that the ps3 can't keep up with it, so the only way to get ftp to work again is by restarting.

Reactions: zfreeman

ILeo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I mean just FTP in, connect your PS3 to your network, and your computer to the same network.
yes, but you can use the ip of the ps3: the one that probably starts with 192 instead of the one you're using. same with the pc.
Will try to ftp with internet connection but i think wired connection between pc and ps3 is way faster than internet? that why i tried wired connection not internet

Reactions: zfreeman

ILeo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
try an iso. folders usually cause the connection to fail at one point due to threading, I think. it happens so quickly that the ps3 can't keep up with it, so the only way to get ftp to work again is by restarting.
Will restart the ps3, filezilla and try an iso also will try openps3ftp

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the same will happen with wireless if transferring lots of small files. the ps3 can't handle it in rapid succession. many have experienced this. that's one reason iso files are better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu