PS1/2 PS3 Backup Hack Found using MotorStorm

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Meh, the PS3 scene is so full of fakers that I won't believe ANYTHING until they release something.

They can do as many vids as they want, I don't even watch them anymore.
The same goes for all those crazy claims people do on hardware exploits and all those things.

Until there's a big name (and even in that case I'd remain skeptical) attached to it, I'll still classify it as fake until released.

AceLighting

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah i believe its fake if there was ever something it would probably be :
1. ulaunch without using swap magic
2. ps3 game usb loader
3. a media player that can play lots of formats and videos from usb harddrive (like geexbox)

If there was ways of using blue ray discs for backups it would be too expensive and too much time
blue ray discs are like £10-15 less than original a ps3 game, ps3 games are really big and theyre probably going to get bigger aswell so it would take a lot of time to rip a game (plus wait at max 3 months and the game will probably be on sale)

I do believe that there will be something but not for a good while and if it involved ps3 backups sony would block it within the next update

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
comfaithgenesisraven said:
Yeah i believe its fake if there was ever something it would probably be :
1. ulaunch without using swap magic
2. ps3 game usb loader
3. a media player that can play lots of formats and videos from usb harddrive (like geexbox)

If there was ways of using blue ray discs for backups it would be too expensive and too much time
blue ray discs are like £10-15 less than original a ps3 game, ps3 games are really big and theyre probably going to get bigger aswell so it would take a lot of time to rip a game (plus wait at max 3 months and the game will probably be on sale)

I do believe that there will be something but not for a good while and if it involved ps3 backups sony would block it within the next update

your still not understanding everything you listed are finished products when an exploit is found it doesn't magically get made into a user friendly working program it takes alot of work after the exploit is found and i don't think sony will let another magicdisc happen to them like the ps2 just ask waninkoko how long it took just to get the wii to read a backup (who remembers the black and white backup loader) and that was on a less secure system the ps3 is very secure i don't even think the ps2 was hacked through software you still had to buy a pressed dvd in order to hack it or a special memory card sony's just not a company that leaves open exploits the ps3 eventually will get hacked but i dont believe itll happen in its lifetime and i hope that someone can prove me wrong

and # 3 the ps3 plays almost anything ive thrown at it from usb better than geexbox

and most bluray games aren't really that big its the videos and cutscenes in hd that take up the space if the ps3 gets hacked you could find a way to downsample the videos for easier transportation and 25 gb isn't that bad for me itll only take me about a day but not everyone is as fortunate

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
@blitzer: The good thing about PS3 games is that they're not all 25GB- they vary in sizes because dummy data is not used like on the Xbox (to dummy it up to 8GB) and Wii (dummies to 4.37GB) so they vary. Uncharted 2 uses the full 25GB, whereas Metal Gear Solid 4 uses dual layer and has 50GB on it.

ComplicatioN

Broken Barriers
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This ''Zpack'' could be our first Playstation 3 ISO loader

The Uploader-
QUOTE said:
I found this in my holiday in korea, there are PS3 cafes which run their games from external harddisk without using the original diks. I am one of the first who tested this Zpack System

Zpack is the first working Backup System for Playstation3. It was especially designed for Playstation Cafes across the world to avoid damaging your original game disk and beware them to be stolen by customers. You will not need the original disk to play on your PS3 anymore just start any game you have directly from your external hard disk.
Zpack comes to you with a USB Dongle and a DISK with the Zpack Software, which you only need the first time for installation. The USB dongle have to be connected to your PS3 all the time. When you run a Playstation Café with 8 Playstation Terminals, you will need 8 Zpacks for each PS3 Terminal to run the games from the external drives. Please pay Attention for our Zpack bundles.

There are many more videos that have been uploaded in the new year.

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GUYS! I FIGURED IT OUT! It's Zachsupercoolvideos again! The Z stands for Zach. (like his zcard
wink2.gif
)

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
worlok375 said:
GUYS! I FIGURED IT OUT! It's Zachsupercoolvideos again! The Z stands for Zach. (like his zcard
wink2.gif
)
By reading the video description, this seems quite possible!
rofl.gif

Shi shi shi.

That fool won't stand a chance if he ever invades gbatemp again! *throws knife*

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Video Description:

QUOTE said:
I found this in my holiday in korea, there are PS3 cafes which run their games from external harddisk without using the original diks. I am one of the first who tested this Zpack System

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: +1