PS3 20GB Owners Here?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
microsoft rushed the 360 to the market to beat sony, so it was released in 2005 without hdmi. that's also a large part of the reason for rrod (it wasn't ready). the following year had the ps3. I don't think the 360 had hdmi 'til 2007, but I get zephyr and opus models confused, so it's possible there was the zephyr model in 2005 that had hdmi, so if that's the case, I have no idea what the deal was with sony fucking that up so badly.

mitch1256

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just checked online and the 20GB Edition did not have a HDMI port, so to get HD picture it'd need to be via Component Cable (or the PS2 to HDMI adapter if it works well for it).

h3anUBO.jpg

It's sort of a PS2 with a PS3 design, cute. Much like the PSX (a PS2 with a PS3 design).
I own a 20gb ps3 im ready to sell once i get a new disk drive cable in for it, yes it does have HDMI. Only things its missing from the 60gb is the memory card slots, the wifi, and the 40gb extra storage space.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own a 20gb ps3 im ready to sell once i get a new disk drive cable in for it, yes it does have HDMI. Only things its missing from the 60gb is the memory card slots, the wifi, and the 40gb extra storage space.
It does? That's news. It must be one of the newer ones from its era.

That definitely increases its value, imo.

You got something desirable by fans/collectors there.

A 2.5" HDD for PS3 is very cheap these days, I went with 750GB for my OFW PS3 and still have 500GB free (installed loads of stuff - demos, games, music, videos, etc).

I've downloaded game trailers as that's something it might be worth preserving in high quality. Unfortunately, some have been removed.

mitch1256

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does? That's news. It must be one of the newer ones from its era.

That definitely increases its value, imo.

You got something desirable by fans/collectors there.

A 2.5" HDD for PS3 is very cheap these days, I went with 750GB for my OFW PS3 and still have 500GB free (installed loads of stuff - demos, games, music, videos, etc).

I've downloaded game trailers as that's something it might be worth preserving in high quality. Unfortunately, some have been removed.
No way its a newer one, the sticker on the bottom with the manufacture date says November 2006. launch day console.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you'll have major issues if you drop a 2TB hdd into the ps3. it either won't work, show incorrect space, or cause lots of file system errors. even 1.5TB hdds are kinda hit and miss. 1TB is guaranteed to work though.
so sony screwed up i recall reading 2tb hdd's were max in my old phat's owner manuel silly $ony, curious as to what's better 20gb or 60 iirc the both have ps2 hardware in it but i thought 20's were the only model with built in ps2 memory card slots

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess. I don't have the manual, but I think it's online if you want to look at it. 2TB hdds have major issues with the ps3. I don't know why unless it's a deliberate software limitation, possibly due to fear of instability or something. I think that's why Nintendo recommends 32GBs with the 3ds even though it can run much larger cards, but they didn't stop them from being used.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: