PS1/2 PS2 with HDD

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't bother. The USB ports on the PS2 are USB 1.1 rendering transfer speeds slow and making compatibility poor and even if they do work slower speeds than just from disk (FMV's choppy, slow loading etc...)

If you really want to connect up a HDD look into HDCombo or HDConnect

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
clegion said:
Oh ok , so how do i burn ps2 iso?

i already have imgburn do i need anything else?

Not really. Just burn on pretty slow speed and quality media, like Sony branded DVD's etc.

Also, I think you can at least TRY how the USB works for you - surely it should be somewhat viable method if they are selling USBadvance etc for it.

A compability list for HDloader and USBadvance is at http://list.sksapps.com/

You basically need USB Hard drive, and to format it with tool to PS2 format if I am not wrong, and to transfer games you need a special app on PC.

And to say least, USB1.1 may be slow (4megs in sec?) against the internal IDE hard drive, but to note in form of question "How fast do you think PS2 DVD drive is?"

To answer, PS2 dvd drive in read test does not seem to be very fast, I was writing a ISO from PS2 DVD and it was reading in 600Kbps-1.3Mbps speeds, so...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Since you have a slim i recommend loading via network. It's noticable faster than loading from usb, but still slower that disc or HDD.

I think the speeds are about the following:
usb: theoretical max speed 1.1 MB/s
LAN: should actually be 1-2 MB/s
disc: up to 4x dvd = ~ 5.5 MB/s(the more the data is away from the middle of the disc, the closer it gets to that speed)
HDD: depending on the HDD, but should always be faster than disc

As loader i recommend Open PS2 Loader, it does USB, LAN and HDD loading, and is still in development, unlike USB Advance and HD Loader.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
clegion said:
how to install the loader?

i am a total newbie on ps2 hacking

Initially you at least need a disc version of uLaunchELF. You can (and need) to burn one yourself.

For rest I am not sure, All I can say how it essentially goes on PS2 side is that you need also a USB stick with the needed ".elf" file. But on PC side to send the games, i am totally uncapable of saying anything on it, as I have not tested at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1