PS2 with component

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by BenRK, Sep 8, 2011.

Sep 8, 2011

PS2 with component by BenRK at 3:47 AM (730 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. BenRK
    OP

Member BenRK GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm trying to get my PS2 to work with some component cables for my TV. I've grown tired of seeing a blurry image when I play.

Sadly, I'd rather take the blurry image over what I'm getting now.

Today, I bought some component cables that, on the packaging, said they would work with the PS2. Brand new, etc. Brought them home, plugged everything in, and BAM! No picture at all. I only have a blank screen with my TVs usual no signal stuff. I've checked the settings, and oddly enough, it was on the component video settings to start with. What am I doing wrong? [​IMG]

2. BenRK
    OP

United States
    *facepalm*

I hate being colorblind... it doesn't help that the cables are NOT in the right order for my TV (while the cables for my Wii are). What I mean by that is the component connections on my TV are in pillars, going from top to bottom. My Wii's component cables follow this order, so simply untangling the connectors for that works perfectly fine. HOWEVER! Everything is scattered around on this new cable, and the colors are not different enough for me to tell very well. Got everything sorted out, things look a lot cleaner now.

3. Necron

Member Necron Lurking~

Chile
    Try to label the cables, so if you need to unplug them, you don't have to mess with them again.

4. Psionic Roshambo

Member Psionic Roshambo GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Maybe some one could create a smart phone AP for color blind people, something that uses the camera and and arrow to point at what you want to identify, so it says "This is Green, This is Red" since red and green are the most common forms of color blindness... At any rate I can see some ap like this being pretty useful for people with that disability.

Glad you got everything sorted out [​IMG]

I am thinking about hooking up my PS2 again, my PS3 annoys me for some reason on how it handles PS2 games. Not sure why but it does.

5. BenRK
    OP

United States
    My PS3 doesn't play PS2 games at all. Kind of wish it did, but eh, I got this PS2 for VERY cheap, and so far, not disappointed. Wish I could soft mod it, but I don't have a proper game, and no one on here seems to be able to anymore. Oh well.

6. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    i would mod the ps2 memory card for you, but im not that familiar with it. i did mine with free mcboot but i have a fat ps2, not sure if that would even work.

if you paid shipping i would do it if it will work let me know.

7. BenRK
    OP

United States
    It's not crucial at the moment for me. Have bigger things I need to focus on at the moment. Really, shouldn't have bought the cables and a wireless controller today anyway, but eh...

Well, the controller sort of makes sense... I was borrowing one from my sister, and that wouldn't be possible in the coming days, so yeah.

8. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    Have you tried a PS1 game with component? If that looks correctly, then you have a nice TV. Closest we can get to retro euro rgb.

9. BenRK
    OP

United States
    I use my PS3 for PS1 games. Hooked up through HDMI, looks about as well as I would expect.

I don't want to deal with memory cards again, so no PS1 games on my PS2, not that I mind.

10. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    Well true. Only a few PS2 titles require the TV accept PS1 video mode on component. ICO, Mega Man X Collection, and some Disgaea type stuff. I just go to my other room's CRT for rare cases like that or light guns if I cared much about them.