PS1/2 PS2 w/ modchip does not read burned dvds

xheezy04

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Now I know my PS2 has a modchip because it can read all these burned games I had but sometime ago my PS2's lens crapped up so I had someone put a new lens there. Now with the new lens installed it can run fake but pressed games but it won't read any burned games. I dunno what to do about this.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Maybe the DVD laser pot is badly adjusted?
unsure.gif

Or some of the solderings on the modchip or the mobo came loose.

xheezy04

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
pitman said:
Perhaps you can burn new copies at the lowest speed possible or/and use different DVD brand.
Maybe you got a bad lens
frown.gif
(but aren't fakes essentially burned copies ?).

The thing is here in asia you can get pirated games that are somewhat identical to original games. They are pressed (not burned) from some chinese piracy factory. If a PS2 didn't have a modchip it wouldn't read these pirated pressed copies. Which in my case these pirated pressed copies do work but burned copies of my own don't.

Which is why I believe that the modchip is still intact. But im kinda leaning against the theory of the lens has its potentiometers tweaked to a lower value. The potentiometers are whats tweaked so that it would output a higher voltage right?

i've also burned my copies at a very low burn rate (1x to be exact) all the time. it worked plenty of times before but now that i replaced the lens it doesn't anymore

Deleted member 177877

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just get FMCB to your card, it'll save you a lot of time XP

not sure about the chip, but burning at 1x is actually not so good, most recommend burning at 2.4x or 4x. I'm using a 16x TDK DVD-R and always burn at 4x.

xheezy04

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
justinefremlouw said:
Just get FMCB to your card, it'll save you a lot of time XP

not sure about the chip, but burning at 1x is actually not so good, most recommend burning at 2.4x or 4x. I'm using a 16x TDK DVD-R and always burn at 4x.

Oh, so burn at 2.4x or 4x? I've always had 1x as my burning speed.. will also try later.
I was trying to get FMCB to work earlier but since burned discs don't work I'm looking for a real copy of action replay which isn't easily found here in my country.
One question about FMCB though, if I installed FMCB using my memory card on another PS2 would the my FMCB'd memory card also work on my PS2? This is same region PS2s of course

Deleted member 177877

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it's the same region PS2, as long as u do multi version install, it will work on another PS2 of the same region. BTW, u don't need action replay, codebreaker V8 and up will work, and some gameshark. I personally used Gameshark 2 v1.13 to install independent exploit, and used ULaunch to install FMCB

xheezy04

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried to install FMCB using a 90006 PS2 but apparently it doesn't install multi version properly.. just regular install... why does this happen?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: