PS2 w/ modchip does not read burned dvds

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by xheezy04, Aug 28, 2009.

Aug 28, 2009
  1. xheezy04
    OP

Newcomer xheezy04 Member

Philippines
    Now I know my PS2 has a modchip because it can read all these burned games I had but sometime ago my PS2's lens crapped up so I had someone put a new lens there. Now with the new lens installed it can run fake but pressed games but it won't read any burned games. I dunno what to do about this.

2. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Maybe the DVD laser pot is badly adjusted? [​IMG]

Or some of the solderings on the modchip or the mobo came loose.

3. pitman

Member pitman Addicted to Magical Girls

Israel
    Perhaps you can burn new copies at the lowest speed possible or/and use different DVD brand.
    Maybe you got a bad lens [​IMG] (but aren't fakes essentially burned copies ?).

4. xheezy04
    OP

Newcomer xheezy04 Member

Philippines
    The thing is here in asia you can get pirated games that are somewhat identical to original games. They are pressed (not burned) from some chinese piracy factory. If a PS2 didn't have a modchip it wouldn't read these pirated pressed copies. Which in my case these pirated pressed copies do work but burned copies of my own don't.

Which is why I believe that the modchip is still intact. But im kinda leaning against the theory of the lens has its potentiometers tweaked to a lower value. The potentiometers are whats tweaked so that it would output a higher voltage right?

i've also burned my copies at a very low burn rate (1x to be exact) all the time. it worked plenty of times before but now that i replaced the lens it doesn't anymore

5. xheezy04
    OP

Newcomer xheezy04 Member

Philippines
    oops, double posted... i accidentally clicked post twice... how do you delete a post?

6. justinefremlouw

Member justinefremlouw GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Just get FMCB to your card, it'll save you a lot of time XP

not sure about the chip, but burning at 1x is actually not so good, most recommend burning at 2.4x or 4x. I'm using a 16x TDK DVD-R and always burn at 4x.

7. xheezy04
    OP

Newcomer xheezy04 Member

Philippines

Oh, so burn at 2.4x or 4x? I've always had 1x as my burning speed.. will also try later.
    I was trying to get FMCB to work earlier but since burned discs don't work I'm looking for a real copy of action replay which isn't easily found here in my country.
    One question about FMCB though, if I installed FMCB using my memory card on another PS2 would the my FMCB'd memory card also work on my PS2? This is same region PS2s of course

8. justinefremlouw

United States
    if it's the same region PS2, as long as u do multi version install, it will work on another PS2 of the same region. BTW, u don't need action replay, codebreaker V8 and up will work, and some gameshark. I personally used Gameshark 2 v1.13 to install independent exploit, and used ULaunch to install FMCB

9. xheezy04
    OP

Newcomer xheezy04 Member

Philippines
    I tried to install FMCB using a 90006 PS2 but apparently it doesn't install multi version properly.. just regular install... why does this happen?

10. justinefremlouw

United States
    hmm, PS2 with SCPH 9xxxxx and above are not really compatible with FMCB...but it's odd if you can install regular but can't install multi version...what error u getting?