PS2 USB HDD Iso Loader for PS3

DarkCamui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You can now run your backuped PS2 games from any region on your PS3 with Emotion Engine aka launch console through Swap Magic 3.6+/3.8 with some files and you can even run the backups through a USB device. This is a step in the right direction at least and now I can at last throw out my modded PS2 and enjoy PS2 games on my PS3 60GB NTSC/U launch console.

More here http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=8791
and here http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=8861

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thats a great step
smile.gif
But where would I get a launch PS3 with emotion engine..

DarkCamui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
eBay would be your best bet or local auction websites or such but they can be quite expensive and I think it will be more expensive now when this is discovered, lucky me that I bought mine on launch
tongue.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
science said:
What is the emotion engine? Why was it removed?
Because Sony sucks and wanted to reduce costs.

IMHO, PS2 retrocompatibility should've not been removed, as it's a BIG letdown for anyone who wants to throw out his/her old PS2 by buying a PS3.

DarkCamui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
raulpica said:
science said:
What is the emotion engine? Why was it removed?
Because Sony sucks and wanted to reduce costs.

IMHO, PS2 retrocompatibility should've not been removed, as it's a BIG letdown for anyone who wants to throw out his/her old PS2 by buying a PS3.

Yeah and playing PS2 games on the PS3 is great because it upscales the games to the resolution you have on your PS3 for example 1080P, I bought MGS 3 NTSC and played that on my PS3 and the graphics became better and running the PS2 games via HDMi instead of scart/rgb or component makes the picture even more better. Darn shame though that they didn't sell Swap Magic 3.6+/3.8 NTSC versions here in Sweden so I had to order a NTSC version of Swap Magic 3.6+ from UK but at least they will ship it with UPS 24 hours express
tongue.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 160GB PS3 (the new one thats out now) so no PS2 compat

but a fully hacked PS2 takes care of that >:3

DarkCamui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Joe88 said:
I have a 160GB PS3 (the new one thats out now) so no PS2 compat

but a fully hacked PS2 takes care of that >:3

Yeah I got a softmodded PS2 as well but instead of playing through scart now I can enjoy the games in HDMi
tongue.gif

pinesal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I was just thinking to myself about 10 minutes ago how I could run an import copy of Nights Into Dreams for PS2 on my PS3. This is good news for sure.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
only annoyance with this usb advance is some external hard drives don't work with it and it's way too much to just play a ps2 game, it's just much faster to put your game disc on your ps2 and play it that way, also the fact that i can't even use a hard drive with it has put me off using it, i'm sticking to using my modded ps2 instead, i may use it for small ps2 games like cd based ones as my psp can only hold 8gb and that includes the psp games that it has on it.

oh and games load major slow, i was playing crash bandicoot wrath of cortex and it took ages to load.

DarkCamui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I got my Swap Magic 3.6+ yesterday and I have tried out various games and usb devices. Playing PS2 games from USB really sucks big time at first it sounds cool because you don't have to waste DVDr's but games are running so retardedly slow and hickups here and there for example Kingdom Hearts FMV's plays fine for 2 secs and chokes and then it goes fine for 2 secs to get choked again right after that. Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence Disc 1 is the only game that I've found playable as of now, it got no hickups or anything but everything loads so damn slow. Hope we can play original imports of PS2 games at least soon on the PS3 or a version which supports games on DVDr's.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good