PS1/2 Ps2 softmod?

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AOkay, thanks. Gonna buy these things at Canada Computers hopefully they have it. Also, anyone recommened me some miscallenous apps that you guys use that arent emulators?
If you followed the FreeMcBoot tutorial, it should have installed the SMS media player app. It's okay.
Good and bad news. Bad news I got a western digital and just found out it doesnt fit a ps2 network adaptor. good news, I just bought a screwdriver set and modded the network adaptor so now My 160gb western digital does fit it :D. Any games you guys recommend? also is there like a ps2db like how there is a wii for covers, discs, etc?
I don't believe either HDLoader or OPL support covers. As for games, there are too many good ones to name. Depending on what genres you prefer, the PS2 library is sure to have several good games for each and every one of them.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
If you followed the FreeMcBoot tutorial, it should have installed the SMS media player app. It's okay.

I don't believe either HDLoader or OPL support covers. As for games, there are too many good ones to name. Depending on what genres you prefer, the PS2 library is sure to have several good games for each and every one of them.

OPL supports cover art. SKSApps has an array of suitable images but you could always just use Gamefaqs' cover art from the respective game's image tab and make your own.

Personally i wouldn't bother though. Also, how did you format your HDD? You may need to create an additional partition named +OPL if you want to retain game setting changes. To test pick a game on your list, modify the modes enabled and then save. If it retains those option changes when you exit and re-enter it's fine, if not you'll need to create that partition with ULE in order to get OPL to remember game compatibility settings.

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OPL supports cover art. SKSApps has an array of suitable images but you could always just use Gamefaqs' cover art from the respective game's image tab and make your own.

Personally i wouldn't bother though. Also, how did you format your HDD? You may need to create an additional partition named +OPL if you want to retain game setting changes. To test pick a game on your list, modify the modes enabled and then save. If it retains those option changes when you exit and re-enter it's fine, if not you'll need to create that partition with ULE in order to get OPL to remember game compatibility settings.
Well I'll be doggone. Frankly, I haven't strayed too far from HDLoader as my compatibility is about 99%. Thanks for the cover art info. Although I personally wouldn't normally bother either, it might be a fun project just to get a better working knowledge of OPL.

Not sure if you're asking me or OP how the HDD was formatted. If me, I formatted to HDLoader 48bit using WinHIIP 1.7.6. I just navigated around my HDD using ULE and there is no +OPL partition. Perhaps I'll do this as well if time permits in the future.

kirbymaster101

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Well, I followed this guide : http://opl.sksapps.com/index.php?opl=hdd.html

Also, does anyone know why when I try to use a different Opl theme the buttons dissapear, likie the ones that says settings, game settings.

I know this is TOTALLY UNRELATED but does anyone know what I should seek in terms of specs for a router? I'm planning to buy teksavvy 18mbps plan.
I'll probably pay 50-100 for the router depending on my budjet later on.

eosia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do we still need games like 007 Agent under fire to install freemcboot ?
i got only 1 game that i bought with a ps2 all for 20€, and i found 007 on ebay for less than 5$ .
but i was wondering if i could softmod it with an usb like the wii or another easy mode.
Edit:
the game i got is called grand turismo 4 , can i do the swap trick with this game too ?

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Do we still need games like 007 Agent under fire to install freemcboot ?
i got only 1 game that i bought with a ps2 all for 20€, and i found 007 on ebay for less than 5$ .
but i was wondering if i could softmod it with an usb like the wii or another easy mode.
Edit:
the game i got is called grand turismo 4 , can i do the swap trick with this game too ?
http://freemcboot.info/swap.html

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
So, I heard about swapmagic and does it work for all ps2s? I'm considering buying one after I learned my local video game store is selling ps2s for $50.

Also, would it just be easier to buy a pre mcboot memory card to hack the ps2 to play backups?

I don't know if anyone can help me, but is a certain softmod kit for $15 to hack the ps2 a good deal? Also after hacking the ps2 can I buy a bigger memory card or have to be using the hacked one at all times.

Swap Magic works pretty damn well, I've owned two copies of Swap Magic, but you need to be extra careful so you don't damage your system. Also if you plan on buying Swap Magic make sure you have an extra CD or DVD case lying around. Swap Magic discs come in a cardboard sleeve which means when you constantly slide it in and out of the sleeve it sometimes scratches the disc. This happened to me which is what led me to buy my second copy of Swap Magic.

DragoonMac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i do apologize for such a silly question, but i have scowered the interwebz and cannot find for the life of me how to enable the USB ports on my PS2 slim, SCPH 77001, says 7A on the bottom. i have been trying to get your code breaker version of freemcboot to work but needless to say it's a no go.. USB in, game begins to load, before you are normally supposed to see the first screen of codebreaker everything lags/hangs and moves incredibly slow... and even if i were to plug the USB in AFTER it's loaded into codebreaker, the USB icon does not light up to be select-able...

please.. what am I missing? ; ;

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
So can i just have freemcboot and a usb to load up games? no swap or burning?
Yes you can

DSC00807.JPGDSC00806.JPG

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins