Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
playallday said:
MiniMoose64 said:
This works great! Nice tutorial!

Could I use this to play PSX back-ups, and play imported PS2 (original disk) games this way?
PSX: Nope.
Real imported PS2 games: Yes and no, you will need to copy them to your computer and convert them before.

Thank you for nice (unlike some people *points at jalaneme*) your comments.

Oh... okay, thank you!

You're welcome, I just thought everyone should talk like this... [:

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chaos_kontrol said:
Try Target or Best Buy, I got an AR Max at Target.

Negative. BB is selling them for $30 and none of the local targets have it. Didn't you read my post when I said I'm not paying $30 for a new one?

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jesterscourt said:
chaos_kontrol said:
Try Target or Best Buy, I got an AR Max at Target.

Negative. BB is selling them for $30 and none of the local targets have it. Didn't you read my post when I said I'm not paying $30 for a new one?

I can lend you mine that works or you can lend me your card and I'll do it.

Gerinych said:
I can't get it to work on my thing. When I installed it, I restarted my console and now the screen flashes for forever unless I take out my MC. What am I doing wrong?
Wait... Maybe this is my fault... Let me try it on mine again. Nope it works for me... Try waiting more and if that doesn't work try redoing it (but format this time first), that's your best bet.

QUOTE(MiniMoose64 @ Oct 21 2008, 08:55 PM) QUOTE(playallday @ Oct 21 2008, 05:18 PM)
PSX: Nope.
Real imported PS2 games: Yes and no, you will need to copy them to your computer and convert them before.

Thank you for nice (unlike some people *points at jalaneme*) your comments.

Oh... okay, thank you!

You're welcome, I just thought everyone should talk like this... [:
Here's how you do it:

1. Rip it with ImgBurn.
2. Patch it with this.
3. Patch it with ESR.
4. Burn it with ImgBurn.

This is for PAL (here's who's using it) to NTSC-U (Canada/US)! Not NTSC-J (Japan) to NTSC-U (Canada/US)! Just something to note is that a fair amount of games don't work when doing this.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All right, well. I tried it on my friend's memory card (official Sony 8MB) and his USB stick, and it failed to work (and gave me even more fearsome errors, like "Cannot read from Pendrive" or "Cannot open blahblahblah/FREE_MCBOOT.elf")

I haven't formatted my memory card, but that'll be my next step I suppose. It's getting ridiculous now.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Doomsday Forte said:
All right, well. I tried it on my friend's memory card (official Sony 8MB) and his USB stick, and it failed to work (and gave me even more fearsome errors, like "Cannot read from Pendrive" or "Cannot open blahblahblah/FREE_MCBOOT.elf")

I haven't formatted my memory card, but that'll be my next step I suppose. It's getting ridiculous now.

Try a different usb stick not all work!

and it sometimes helps formatting them to FAT 32

smile.gif

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:

smile.gif
Yeah, I guess. Just...it really weirds me out in that only the free_mcboot.elf and the one inside of the Install folder actually show up. No other .elfs, no .mp3s, nothing. And mine is FAT32 too. So I'm a little headached right now. D:

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Doomsday Forte said:
kobykaan said:

smile.gif
Yeah, I guess. Just...it really weirds me out in that only the free_mcboot.elf and the one inside of the Install folder actually show up. No other .elfs, no .mp3s, nothing. And mine is FAT32 too. So I'm a little headached right now. D:
Odd. Try formatting it back to FAT16.

Gerinych

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
playallday said:
Gerinych said:
I can't get it to work on my thing. When I installed it, I restarted my console and now the screen flashes for forever unless I take out my MC. What am I doing wrong?
Wait... Maybe this is my fault... Let me try it on mine again. Nope it works for me... Try waiting more and if that doesn't work try redoing it (but format this time first), that's your best bet.
NO, I'm waiting for half an hour now. I always format my MC before installing. Maybe it's my MC, though. I was trying to install Independence Exploit way before using Action Replay, but I couln't select my memory card in the menu, it was always highlighted in red. It's a normal 8MB memory card, so I thought Action Replay didn't work because it's not their own MC.

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Gerinych said:
playallday said:
Gerinych said:
NO, I'm waiting for half an hour now. I always format my MC before installing. Maybe it's my MC, though. I was trying to install Independence Exploit way before using Action Replay, but I couln't select my memory card in the menu, it was always highlighted in red. It's a normal 8MB memory card, so I thought Action Replay didn't work because it's not their own MC.
Try to reformat it (again). If that doesn't work can you try to use a different MC.

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does the Action Replay Max/Independence Exploit work best since the AR Max is cheap to get?

Also, what is the best DVD burner to get for PS2 games?

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Link5084 said:
Does the Action Replay Max/Independence Exploit work best since the AR Max is cheap to get?

Also, what is the best DVD burner to get for PS2 games?
Yes. Cheap is right, I got mine for $5!

I really don't know but I use a Dell burner and it works great.

Gerinych

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
playallday said:
Gerinych said:
playallday said:
Gerinych said:
Try to reformat it (again). If that doesn't work can you try to use a different MC.
Nope, nothing. I didn't try doing that with another MC, though. I also tried reformatting my USB drive to FAT32 like the guy said on page 8 or so, but still nothing.

I'm planning to buy another memory card because I suspect that mine's a fake, I bought it off eBay, they delivered it from Hong Kong. Some games can't see it unless I take it out for a minute, reinsert it and press Retry. Will this help with Free MCBoot?

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to clear something off here. You can play PSX backups on any console version above 9 (If you have a version 9 or below, you'll need a PSX pressed gameshark disc). It doesn't require a software mod, but it does require a hardware mod. The slims are by far the best to do this with since the hardware mod for those are extremely easy. All you have to do is go into the PS2 filebrowser (the one to browse the memory card) and put an original PSX disc in, then use a swap method to swap in a backup.

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Jiggah said:
I wanted to clear something off here. You can play PSX backups on any console version above 9 (If you have a version 9 or below, you'll need a PSX pressed gameshark disc). It doesn't require a software mod, but it does require a hardware mod. The slims are by far the best to do this with since the hardware mod for those are extremely easy. All you have to do is go into the PS2 filebrowser (the one to browse the memory card) and put an original PSX disc in, then use a swap method to swap in a backup.
Still you DO need to "mod" your console.

Gerinych said:
playallday said:
Gerinych said:
QUOTE(playallday @ Oct 22 2008, 11:04 AM) Wait... Maybe this is my fault... Let me try it on mine again. Nope it works for me... Try waiting more and if that doesn't work try redoing it (but format this time first), that's your best bet.
Nope, nothing. I didn't try doing that with another MC, though. I also tried reformatting my USB drive to FAT32 like the guy said on page 8 or so, but still nothing.

I'm planning to buy another memory card because I suspect that mine's a fake, I bought it off eBay, they delivered it from Hong Kong. Some games can't see it unless I take it out for a minute, reinsert it and press Retry. Will this help with Free MCBoot?
Oh, oh! FREE_MC_BOOT doesn't work with fakes! That's why
wink.gif

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nowhere did I say you don't have to mod the console. The "mod" is extremely minor anyway, especially on the newer models. The point is you can play PSX backups on a PS2 (above v9).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • light27 @ light27:
    oh it’s the least I could do
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He wants to bone anything with a dick