OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Link5084 said:
Do pretty much all PS2 games work with ESR? No compatibility issues if you use the right burning speed?
Well I think like 1% of games don't work. Like 30% of CD (after converted to DVD) games don't work.

QUOTE(Monster On Strings @ Oct 25 2008, 07:57 PM) I can't find a codebreaker or action replay
cry.gif
Then let me do it
wink.gif

23qwerty

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
disc.jpg

I have this version of action replay max, when I plug in my usb drive, it doesn't show up under my devices, do you know a fix, and if not if I pay for the shipping of a memory card to you plus $5 you'll mod the card for me?

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
23qwerty said:
I have this version of action replay max, when I plug in my usb drive, it doesn't show up under my devices, do you know a fix, and if not if I pay for the shipping of a memory card to you plus $5 you'll mod the card for me?
QUOTE(Joe88 @ Oct 27 2008, 02:26 AM) thats the same ver I have
its the older ver and doesnt support USB devices including PSP's ect...
Well if want I can mod it for you if you want. PM me if you want to.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lucky for me I had an HD Loader and some one made an independence exploit installer ISO
so I got my ps2 softmodded from there

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that was just a plus

I got HDL over a year before to play games off the HD (it was when hd loader first came out, before everyone started releasing elf's and stuff of HDL and updates)

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Link5084 said:
Just to clarify, but there is no way to run HDLoader off a slim PS2 right?

It depends. There is a way for some of the older model slims (v12 and v13) by using HD Combo or HD Connect. The newer ones (v14), no.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
On a slim without those modifications mentioned above use USBAdvance/USBExtreme instead of HDL. Compatibility is not up to much playing from a USB HDD but if you're dead set against using your laser...

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All right. I've tried with my friend's PS2 card, and then his USB stick as well. No go. I'm going out on a limb here and I'm gonna presume it's my PS2 for some reason. Failing that...I have no other USB sticks to try, and I may attempt using a friend's PS2 and seeing if the results are the same.

And yes, I know you can do this for me if I mail it to you and all, but I'm unable to pay and shipping it would be a pain at the moment too.

In the meantime, I'm gonna attempt to find as many USB sticks as I can and hammer this out.

I presume that the USB slot I use on the PS2 doesn't matter? The number of controllers? Memory card in slot A? Needs to be Christmas in July during a solar eclipse on a leapyear? XD

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Doomsday Forte said:
All right. I've tried with my friend's PS2 card, and then his USB stick as well. No go. I'm going out on a limb here and I'm gonna presume it's my PS2 for some reason. Failing that...I have no other USB sticks to try, and I may attempt using a friend's PS2 and seeing if the results are the same.

And yes, I know you can do this for me if I mail it to you and all, but I'm unable to pay and shipping it would be a pain at the moment too.

In the meantime, I'm gonna attempt to find as many USB sticks as I can and hammer this out.

I presume that the USB slot I use on the PS2 doesn't matter? The number of controllers? Memory card in slot A? Needs to be Christmas in July during a solar eclipse on a leapyear? XD
I don't think its your PS2 but I don't know. Is it a slim?

That's fine. I didn't make this guide for you to pay me
wink.gif

What disk are you using? I've only tried doing it with one controller in but I don't think that matters. Yes, I think the memory card does need to be in slot A (or 1). How far do you get? Can you run .elf's?

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It is a slim PS2, unsure of the model number or how to check it. It was purchased...erm...I want to say during the summer of 2005, but again, unsure.

I'm using an AR Max disc. It's not EVO, but I think the only difference between the two is that one is packaged with a USB stick and one (the one I got) wasn't. As far as how far I get...on this page, I can make it down to where you open up Max Media Player and select the .elf to load. Okay, so I do that, it fades to black (partially, as I can still see some of the screen just way dark), and then it fades completely to black and stays that way. My USB stick and my friend's both light up to show that SOMETHING is happening, but nothing does. I am unable to get the alternative methods to work because the .elfs for each simply do not show up at all.

I've noticed there's a link for non EVO AR Max, but that only works on Fat PS2s, which I lack. My friend however has one, so I may be able to get it to work on his. I presume that it would not affect his system at all, just it'd install to my memory card? Which I can then use on my Slim PS2 and presumably get it to work. Though, uh...if all else fails, I may enact a system trade. XD

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Doomsday Forte said:
It is a slim PS2, unsure of the model number or how to check it. It was purchased...erm...I want to say during the summer of 2005, but again, unsure.

I'm using an AR Max disc. It's not EVO, but I think the only difference between the two is that one is packaged with a USB stick and one (the one I got) wasn't. As far as how far I get...on this page, I can make it down to where you open up Max Media Player and select the .elf to load. Okay, so I do that, it fades to black (partially, as I can still see some of the screen just way dark), and then it fades completely to black and stays that way. My USB stick and my friend's both light up to show that SOMETHING is happening, but nothing does. I am unable to get the alternative methods to work because the .elfs for each simply do not show up at all.

I've noticed there's a link for non EVO AR Max, but that only works on Fat PS2s, which I lack. My friend however has one, so I may be able to get it to work on his. I presume that it would not affect his system at all, just it'd install to my memory card? Which I can then use on my Slim PS2 and presumably get it to work. Though, uh...if all else fails, I may enact a system trade. XD
Try booting uLE (just use boot.elf), then boot free_mc_boot with it (uLE).

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I put just the BOOT.ELF file in the root of the memory card, along with free mcboot?

Just to make sure. I won't be able to attempt this for a few days due to schoolwork.

I know I tried the SWAPMAGIC method with this on that page and it didn't even show up.

Edit: Okay, I gave it a shot. BOOT.ELF did not appear in the pendrive at all. The only ones that did show up were the FMCB and the one inside of the Install folder. Nothing more.

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Doomsday Forte said:
Edit: Okay, I gave it a shot. BOOT.ELF did not appear in the pendrive at all. The only ones that did show up were the FMCB and the one inside of the Install folder. Nothing more.
Name "BOOT.ELF" (uLE) to what FMCB was and FMCB to "whatever.elf".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, ok thx