Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
playallday said:
Urza said:
Except this guide isn't needed, as there are already shit-tons of better guides created by people who don't ask anything in return.
Great so your saying no one ever needs to do a guide! So if I don't do on and everyone else doesn't do one how will that help?!? If you don't like my guide get lost your not wanted here.

If its what you want I can try never to help anyone.
No.

What I'm saying is that there are already guides for performing this exact exploit that are much better written and organized.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
playallday said:
Fine. Mine showing me one of "much better written and organized" guides?

Better can you please not reply. I don't want this to get locked.
Normally I wouldn't care, and would just leave you to do whatever, but since you've decided to try and "threaten" members saying that you're going to take it down if they don't click your useless referral links, I felt I had to say something.

Here is one of the far superior guides:
http://www.exploitstation.com/articles/arm...ExploitUSB.html

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
playallday said:
P.S. I've seen that guide and hated it; its not easy for n00bs.
It explains every single step thoroughly and is laid out in an easy to read format.

If someone can't mod their PS2 with that guide, then there is simply no hope for them.

Rowan

Trophies
XP
Country
play all day got p0wned

5105476.png

*Edit* added pic for effect

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
playallday said:
If I don't do that I have to do some paypal or something. You and me and both getting something! You don't lose a thing! If you want I may get something for you to pay me. This takes TIME and for me my time is money and I don't time if I don't get paid. k I know that didn't look good but I need something for this!

You sir are a douche. This is a site that first and foremost is about release info for games that are ripped, uploaded and shared all across the Internet for free. Now, the groups who rip these games don't come around begging for referrals or money, but you think you deserve compensation for a guide you threw together in 10 minutes? Really?

To take it one step further, no one asked you to make the guide. If you weren't putting it together for altruistic reasons, then next time just skip it. We all have Google, I think we could find our way to a dozen similar guides.

I mean my god, this is the Internet. People don't pay for the shit they should pay for and you thought you were going to turn a buck rewriting readily available info.
rofl2.gif

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
playallday said:
Didn't word that well. I meant it NEVER shows you how to get FREE_MC_BOOT or ESR. Not the same at all. This is a FULL all in one guide.
Basically all you did it take widely available information and mash it together in a half-assed thread. I would much rather have 3 well-written and detailed guides than one 20 minute information mashup.

Free McBoot tutorial:
http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/...tall_guide.html

I can't fathom why you would need a guide for ESR.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
playallday said:
If I don't do that I have to do some paypal or something. You and me and both getting something! You don't lose a thing! If you want I may get something for you to pay me. This takes TIME and for me my time is money and I don't time if I don't get paid. k I know that didn't look good but I need something for this!

firstly I'm not out to flame or direct anything at you so don't take it personally!

I just HATE these SCAMS/SCHEMES!!! and the way you go about getting people to sign up was all wrong by telling people to join the scam/scheme to influence you to update the/your guide!

...My point is whats already been said by Urza is WHY PAY or help your REFERRAL SCAM/SCHEME (as that's what they are and they are banned in a lot of forums for that reason)

when there's loads of guides out there for FREE!

which would most people choose? ....

here's a little guide to these pyramid/matrix scams/schemes so people understand EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE!

Described as "matrix schemes", shoppers are promised the chance of getting a valuable "free gift" - such as a mobile phone, ipod, or PDA - if they cough up, say, £20 for a mobile phone signal booster or a CD-ROM containing ringtones and games.

However, the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) warns that these are just scams with consumers given little or no chance of getting their hands on these items. In particular, it seems that teenagers are being sucked into these too-good-to-be true offers.

Said OFT chairman John Vickers: "These waiting-list schemes require many more people to join than will ever receive their 'free gift'. The schemes will ultimately collapse and the vast majority of people who have joined will lose out. Don't be misled into buying by the remote prospect of a 'free gift'."

The scams work like this: customers buy a low value item and are placed on a waiting list to receive their chosen "free gift". The matrix works by sending the person at the top of the list their "free gift" but only after a prescribed number of new recruits has shelled out for their £20 item. Once the freebie has been sent, the remaining people on the list move up one place and only move up again once enough people have been suckered into buying the £20 dud prize.

Someone who is hundredth in a list that requires 50 new recruits per gift would not reach the top and receive their prize until 5,000 people had joined and shelled out £20 each.

Said the OFT: "The nature of the schemes means that the number of members who are waiting for their 'free gift' will always far exceed the number of 'free gifts' actually awarded. The further down the waiting list you join, the less your chances of ever receiving your 'free gift'."

my suggestion is rather than a pyramid scam is to put a PAYPAL donate button on the guide website and let people decide to donate or not at least then its HONEST and not hidden in any kinda scheme/scam
smile.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
was just alerting people to a new ver that came out for upgrading

my only complaint about FreeMCBoot is no HDD support
had to waste about 3MB on my MC for it and HDL, COGSWAP, and uLe(well that was already on there
smile.gif
)

I know there is USB support but still uLe has had HDD support for a while now, it be expected of it
only can hope for support in an update, how frequently is it updated?

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unpaidassassin said:
would a patched iso work if I use swap disk?

O have swap disks but might do this if I happen to come across an AR or something
Addenda to this older question, but if you mean use CogSwap or Swapmagic or some other similar "app" to play a backup, then no a patched (ESR/Memento) patched backup will NOT work with them then as the patch actually makes the disk LOOK like a DVD-video disk, but NOT really. Read the ESR description, and/or take a look at your patched disk in windows or linux as well as using another utility to look at the structure of the disk...

i.e. Something that uses the same exploit as ESR/Memento would be required to boot those patched disks, while the cogswap/swapmagic method just allow you to "fool" the ps2 into looking at the "virgin" backup as an original pressed disk.

HDloader might be interesting to those of you with a fat PS2 and the network card w/IDE interface as HDloader is supposed to have pretty good compatibility plus with uLE FTP server it's be trivial to swap in and out image files...

USBAdvance from further reading seems to be a waste of time as the USB1.0 interface is very slow(stutter) AND it has LOW compatibility. Also it looks as no one is attempting to do any further development of either of the two USB loaders out there.

Bottom line is still that a modchip is the best way to go, but th3e solderless type are uniformly discouraged as it appears that there have been enough reports of dead PS2s attributed to their installation/use that there may be some validity to such an assertion...

psx-scene.com seems to be down ATM...

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would games patched with the ESR iso patcher work with other methods of booting burnt disks like COGSWAP, modchips, /ect... ?

also FreeMcBoot v1.7 is out for people looking to upgrade.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Joe88 said:
would games patched with the ESR iso patcher work with other methods of booting burnt disks like COGSWAP, modchips, /ect... ?

also FreeMcBoot v1.7 is out for people looking to upgrade.

AFAIK they should do
smile.gif

Although some people say some games do and some dont !?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
uLaunchELF 4.29

-Fixed a new bug in the CNF parser, introduced when fixing the previous one. That bug cause the character after the equal sign in a variable assignment to be skipped. This should not matter for uLE or FMCB CNF files, where that character will always be a space. But it does matter when parsing SYSTEM.CNF for PS2 discs, since those files sometimes have no space in that position. This caused some discs to fail booting, both with the uLE MISC/PS2Disc command, and with the disc launcher of FMCB.
-Minor changes to CDVD checking
-Added DVD-Video launch capability for MISC/PS2Disc

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pluo7e

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
uLaunch ELF v4.30

-Fixed HDD mountpoint issues in HddManager (due to changed methods from v4.23)

This fix eliminates some serious problems that all the versions v4.23-v4.29 suffered from in HddManager. This was fixed by making HddManager use the same new mountpoint methods as the normal file management routines do (since v4.23).

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zqayee

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +2
    It's the Switcheroo
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's the Switcheroo