PS2 SMS help

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by justinefremlouw, Sep 24, 2009.

Sep 24, 2009

PS2 SMS help by justinefremlouw at 8:36 PM (770 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. justinefremlouw
    OP

Member justinefremlouw GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So, recently, I converted a whole series of animu to DivX to be played in SMS. The problem is, after a certain amount of time, the video started lagging/skipping to the point where it's not watchable...

I've converted single episodes of animu before to the exact same format using the same exact product (xilisoft video converter) and never had any problem with those...

I'm thinking maybe it's because the files in the folder are too big? (because each ep is like 500MB and a total of 28 ep, so the folder is like 11 gigs)...

Anyone got any idea? btw, MPC lists the vid was encoded as DivX 5

2. blitzer320

Member blitzer320 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    it may be because you're watching it from a usb and ps2 is only usb 1.1 or 1.0 and the videos may need a read speed higher than 1MB a second

3. justinefremlouw
    OP

United States
    but i'm saying i've done the same thing with single episodes multiple times before using the same exact USB and the exact same converting method with no problems...

4. purplesludge

Member purplesludge anyone have any ideas for this space

United States
    Try separating the files in different folders. I've watch movies from usb before and it was fine.

5. justinefremlouw
    OP

United States
    u mean like a folder for every episode? XD i guess i could do that, although it'd be a hassle...

EDIT: i tried it, and it still stuttered...i can play it fine on my PC with mpc

maybe i should use a different encoder? anyone got any tips?