PS1/2 PS2 reads burned games slowly? Also video problems.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'm having some issues with my PS2 slim. First, when I burn games to Memorex discs, they load very slowly and cutscenes and audio skips frequently. Games burned on Sony DVD-Rs work fine however. Has anyone used Memorex discs with there PS2? Second, my PS2 has an odd video problem where static lines go across the screen. It only happens with my PS2, my two 360s, Dreamcast, and N64 work fine. Any ideas?

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Memorex is your problem. Buy some Taiyo Yuden discs and see if the problem still persists. You could also buy Fujifilm, but you would have to make sure it's made in JAPAN. The ones from Japan are rebranded Taiyo Yuden discs.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Memorsuck is definately your problem. TY and Verbatmin are the best imo. TY bought JVC's media division so they also go by the name of JVC. Sony (Made in Japan) used to be rebranded TY, they are still decent disc that are easy to find in stores.

Also if they are DVD+R booktype them to DVD-ROM

Edit: as for video problems are you using a 3rd party power or A/V cord? I've had a problem with cheap 3rd party power adapters. I've had a problem with a very cheap power adapter, using a propertly grounded A/V cord seems to reduces the static. But I ended up replacing the power adapter anyway.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If your ps2 has problems reading a certain disc, then immediately stop using that disc and fix this problem before doing anything else. If your ps2 has problems reading the disc, it will die faster and the ps2 lasers die fast already.

If the video problem is not fixed by using a diferent cable and moving back everything that emits electromagnetic radiation, then it might be a hardware probem of the ps2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.