PS1/2 Ps2 MC boot Menu problem ..

YounesSmati

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Hi,
. I bought a PS2 slim with everything ready. As in ready to play. Its OPL 0.7 and mc boot 2008, and stuff.

Now upon playing and enjoying the hell out of it. I decided i wanna try putting emulators. Like NES and Snes .

Anyway, When I boot it up, it goes straight to OPL to play PS2 games. When i exit OPL, it just goes to OPL Again , not the Mcboot menu. I was told i need to hold R1 upon booting it up. It shows Display setting and browser ......
How Can i go to the mc boot menu . please anwser!

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You got extremely old software... I recommend to wipe the memory card and start fresh - but that requires you to run the FMCB installer in the first place!

I was told i need to hold R1 upon booting
Any button combinations and what files from where they run, depend only on the FMCB configuration: it's very possible that whoever configured it removed this option...

At least the current version of FMCB does autoboot a file called RESCUE.ELF in the root of an USB drive (use the newest wLaunchELF, included with the newest FMCB installer as "INSTALL/BOOT/BOOT.ELF"); but I don't know if this feature exists in your FMCB version, if it has USB drivers, if it's compatible with your USB disks...

YounesSmati

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
But when i press Select on start up its takes me to Playstation 2 menu ( browser , setting , OPL)
and when i press R1 it goes to the SMS , and when i press start it goes to the OPL settings (Setting,Display settings....)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
and when i press R1 it goes to the SMS , and when i press start it goes to the OPL settings (Setting,Display settings....)
Are SMS and OPL on USB, or the memory card?

Even in the second case, you may be able to replace the SMS on the memory card with one from USB, if you put it in /BOOT/SMS.ELF (this assumes a default configuration, which you may or may not have, as I said in the previous post); of course, try with a renamed WLaunchELF in that path

Reactions: YounesSmati

YounesSmati

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
its on the memory card,what can i do?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Are SMS and OPL on USB, or the memory card?

Even in the second case, you may be able to replace the SMS on the memory card with one from USB, if you put it in /BOOT/SMS.ELF (this assumes a default configuration, which you may or may not have, as I said in the previous post); of course, try with a renamed WLaunchELF in that path
its on the memory card,what can i do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Anybody here?