PS1/2 [PS2] is my ps2 moddable?

4ur0r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, today I grabbed my ps2 slim and I remembered the old times when playing final fantasy 7, kingdom hearts...
Too bad that the disk reader is broken.
The ps2 slim model is SCPH-75004, is there any way to make it moddable in order to play games from an usb stick? if yes, are required some external devices, and where could I buy them?

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Yes, your PS2 is moddeable. You have 2 methods:

1) FreeMCBoot: it install to the memory card. You'll either need a memory card with it already installed to install it to your own MC or a someone with a chipped PS2 to install FMC to your memory card (download with instructions http://psx-scene.com/forums/attachm...ee-mcboot-1-94-noobie-package-fmcb1.94_np.zip)

2) Modchip: you'll have to buy this one, the most popular chip is the matrix chip. You can install it by yourself or ask someone to do it for you.

With a few minutes in google you can find more info about the modchip.

After that, you can either use USB (not recommended) or SMB (way better than disc). Open Loader does both and it's included in the installer pack.

4ur0r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That's great, too bad that I don't know anyone with an already modded ps2... Guess I'll stick with emulator then. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-