Ps2 Internal HDD questions

viper3344

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all!

I have my mcfree ps2 PHAT with a 2tb working perfectly.

problem is, seems like there are 500 different programs to do everything with OPL

Is there a single program that exists that:
Scan folder for ISO's
Downloads appropriate art
Pushes said ISO and art to the PS2 hdd connected to windows PC

It seems that OPL manager can download the art, but you need a different program to actually push it to the ps2 hdd... which is redic in my opinion...

Furthermore.... any downside to just downloading the entire art pack and pushing every single jpg to the +OPL partition? Just avoid all the nonsense?

viper3344

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh I see that now!! Ok cool. Now, last question and I think I have this all figured out. I have a full romset in .7z format. Is there any tool out there that will read the .7z list and download the art? Instead of me have to extract all the ISO's?

Thanks!

viper3344

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must have the games installed on the hard drive to be able to download the ARTs
Gotcha. Was hoping to just have a full redump ART set archived locally in case the host for the artwork ever goes down ya know? Anyway to directly access the server these programs get the ART from?

GDX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes I will be able to add the functionality which will allow to extract the ART locally but it will be necessary to have the file because it is 5gb so I will not be able to include it in PFS Batchkit Manager

Reactions: Alexander1970

viper3344

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I will be able to add the functionality which will allow to extract the ART locally but it will be necessary to have the file because it is 5gb so I will not be able to include it in PFS Batchkit Manager
Totally makes sense! That would be amazing. I was like... ok... I will just throw the entire contents of the art zip onto the HDD but its like 70K files.

Now, I have a 12900k and that folder was on a gen 4 SSD and it was having a LOT of trouble navigating that many files. Windows was just not happy lol.

So the ability to just point to the zip file for the needed art would be amazing!!!!

Are you the one that developed the tool?

***Also for some reason I just cant get the art to transfer :( Finds everything ok but stalls out on CREATINE QUE/INSTALLING QUE

Ok so found the problem, even though I created a +OPL partition of like 8 gigs through LaunchElf on the ps2, somehow it got renamed to +OPL1 and the +OPL folder is only 128mb.... wtf happened?

Last edited by viper3344,

GDX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes I developed the batch

for the partition +OPL1 it's a recurring bug on wLaunchELF you just have to rename the partition to +OPL

viper3344

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I developed the batch

for the partition +OPL1 it's a recurring bug on wLaunchELF you just have to rename the partition to +OPL
Wow! Well first off, bravo on a great tool! You are very talented!

Thanks for the info on the OPL bug, got it sorted out!

But yeah, overall, would love a way to do it all offline. Like in say 5 years from now, your ps2 hdd goes bad and you have to redo everyone. But the servers for the art is down. Would be great to be able to just point to the local zips and all that ya know?

GDX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wow! Well first off, bravo on a great tool! You are very talented!

Thanks for the info on the OPL bug, got it sorted out!

But yeah, overall, would love a way to do it all offline. Like in say 5 years from now, your ps2 hdd goes bad and you have to redo everyone. But the servers for the art is down. Would be great to be able to just point to the local zips and all that ya know?
Thanks!

Some files are included in PFS Batchkit Manager if no internet connection is detected it will use them except for ART.

But maybe I'll make sure that if it detects the ART.zip file, it extracts the images

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: man that was some good Chinese takeout