PS1/2 PS2 HDD Upgrading Issues

ac38hd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I'm working on upgrading my PS2 hdd using winhiip. Winhiip successfully formats the hdd and adds my images but when exit winhiip its like nothing ever happened. I cant see the formatted drive in Windows, OPL Manager, the PS2 doesn't recognize it. Could anyone let me know what I'm doing wrong? Hdd is a 1tb Toshiba sata drive DT01ACA100, I started with an unallocated drive, and run winhiip as admin. Upon selecting the drive winhiip says the selected drive does not contain a valid ps2 master boot record in case that's the issue. Thanks Updates to things I've tried - I successfully formatted the drive inside the PS2 using HDloader and no longer get the PS2 master boot record in winhiip. I added a image using winhiip and inserted hdd into ps2, opened OPL but no game. Settings are set to load hdd games in OPL. formatted the hdd using winhiip again, added game image, still no game in OPL. Any help is appreciated

Reactions: Alexander1970

ac38hd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, ulaunchelf successfully formatted the hdd as well and corrected the master boot record message within winhiip but after adding games through winhiip OPL does not see them. OPL version is 0.9.3. I purchased the console already modded with a 300gb hdd loaded with games which works perfectly. In windows winhiip sees the drive but OPL Manager does not in the file explorer as well. I was testing to see if the games would load by installing 1 game

Last edited by ac38hd,

rs1n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by rs1n,

Haizum74

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I'm working on upgrading my PS2 hdd using winhiip. Winhiip successfully formats the hdd and adds my images but when exit winhiip its like nothing ever happened. I cant see the formatted drive in Windows, OPL Manager, the PS2 doesn't recognize it. Could anyone let me know what I'm doing wrong? Hdd is a 1tb Toshiba sata drive DT01ACA100, I started with an unallocated drive, and run winhiip as admin. Upon selecting the drive winhiip says the selected drive does not contain a valid ps2 master boot record in case that's the issue. Thanks Updates to things I've tried - I successfully formatted the drive inside the PS2 using HDloader and no longer get the PS2 master boot record in winhiip. I added a image using winhiip and inserted hdd into ps2, opened OPL but no game. Settings are set to load hdd games in OPL. formatted the hdd using winhiip again, added game image, still no game in OPL. Any help is appreciated
Do you run it as admin? Not had any issues with winhiip despite others having issues. The only thing I can't do is see it in windows explorer (W10) but apart from that everything works

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases