PS1/2 ps2 fat disc drive issue

luke9511

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey everyone, i have a ps2 fat 30k model with a strange disc drive issue, the tray will not stay closed, here is a recording of the issue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaJi...ature=youtu.be

i have tried swapping the drive with one from a working console, i have tried different ribbon cables and i have tried switching the power/eject buttons and still have the issue, i dont know what else to look at or what else to test,

if anyone has any advice let me know and yes it does load fmcb and will load from a hdd and i will add those but for now i want to try and figure out whats going on with the drive, also the drive does work fine in another console

Haizum74

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it works fine in another console can you not swap the drives? Also, did you film that with a potato? :lol:

luke9511

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it works fine in another console can you not swap the drives? Also, did you film that with a potato? :lol:
do people not read what i put in my post?! please read this part of my post it is not the drive i have ruled that out, as to the video blame youtube
Code:
i have tried swapping the drive  with one from a working console, i have tried different ribbon cables and i have tried switching the power/eject buttons and still have the issue

Haizum74

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
do people not read what i put in my post?! please read this part of my post it is not the drive i have ruled that out, as to the video blame youtube
Code:
i have tried swapping the drive  with one from a working console, i have tried different ribbon cables and i have tried switching the power/eject buttons and still have the issue

Do people not read what they post? //also the drive does work fine in another console//

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or more like...