PS2 Emulation on PS4 is Impressively Good.

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Feels good to play Gran Turismo 3 and tried OutRun Arcade. Definitely very different to OutRun 2 and OutRun on DOS/Genesis, but equally just as fun.

S8N8aLM.jpg

FSHdpFT.jpg

Reactions: Mo Poge

Aerocool

Man in a Box
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Huh? Xbox Series X is the best console to emulate consoles, lol. I have PS2 and GameCube games running full screen and upscaled to the high heavens. Google it and get on it.
I meant the Xbox One X, Series X for sure is the ultimate machine for that stuff. Hopefully they will get cheaper in a few years then I’ll definitely get one to emulate some stuff

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried MotorStorm Artic Edge (PS2) patched version on PS4 and in terms of gameplay and graphics, nothing to complain, but the audio while playing a stage it's very choppy.

Still, if someone wants to play a MotorStorm game on PS4, this is the only one available (unless you'd count similar games like Gravel).

528aMP5.jpg

qMju8Sq.jpg

Reactions: WiiU_Funkionz

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's a game I wanted to play so badly on PS4 but won't let me: Dead or Alive 2

I tried the USA, EUR, and JPN copies. None worked. The demo discs with it crash, too.

I'd actually pay someone to make a working PS2-PS4 copy of the game.
Dead or Alive 2 Hardcore is playable with a custom config see the ps4 compatibilty list.

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried Tekken Tag (JPN) on Pro and played smoothly, no slowdowns. However, on Slim there are stages with slowdowns.

It may even look slightly better too, not sure this is true because I didn't do a graphical comparison.

PS4 Pro is worth owning for its extra power, for sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol