(PS2) A Very Xenosaga Question

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by AceOfQueens, Jul 20, 2013.

1. AceOfQueens
    OP

AceOfQueens Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2013
    United States
    So I just got my hands on a PC that doesn't completely suck - capable of emulating PS2 games perfectly. As such, I'm now having some fun with stuff I missed out on, or just crave but too lazy to undust my old PS2.

That said, I do have a peculiar and particular question: Have remuxed ISOs of any of the Xenosaga games been released?

Basically, this is the situation: The Xenosaga games in the US were pretty heavily censored to earn that coveted JRPG-loving T-rating. Some, very stupidly censored (I cite a certain young Shion hospital scene). Has anyone ever remuxed the two ISOs - that is, the Japanese version of the game with English text and voices?

Now, it doesn't have to have English voices - as long as the text is translated, and game untouched in terms of content, I'll be a happy camper. In short, Xenosaga Uncensored.

2. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Hmm, Xenosaga was heavily censored? I absolutely loved the Xenosaga series (except for 2, of course), and Xenosaga 3 may be my most favorite game of all time. I haven't heard of any such version of Xenosaga. If you find it, I would be quite interested. Xenosaga was pretty dark, so I would love even less censoring.

3. AceOfQueens
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2013
    United States
    Mhm. The games were pretty significantly chopped up coming stateside. At best, there's Xenosaga Episode I Reloaded, which is the uncensored version featuring the English dub track, but text is Japanese.

If there's no such thing, then who knows. This is a place where such magic can happen right? So, yeah, who knows!

4. kupo3000

kupo3000 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    Yep, all three episodes have been undubbed (japanese audio/english text) and uncensored.
    You'll find them quickly by google.

5. AceOfQueens
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2013
    United States
    I know they've been undubbed, but I was under the impression that those were just the NTSC versions with their audio files swapped. Which still means they're censored.

6. kupo3000

kupo3000 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    The undubbers thankfully also took the time to uncensor them as well. :creep:
    Ironically the JPN version of Episode I is censored when Albedo dismembers and beheads himself with a knife.

7. AceOfQueens
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2013
    United States
    Hm. :3 Alright, I'll give it a spin. Thanks a bunch. If it doesn't turn out to be...erm, "kosher", then I'll bother you for a link via PM.

8. revengerofdeath

revengerofdeath Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2015
    San Marino
    Sorry if I bother you...

Xenosaga UNDUBED roms (I,II,III) are automatically also UNCENSORED?
    Or are they just the classic american NTSC-U with the original audio file?

9. Pedeadstrian

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo

10. revengerofdeath

revengerofdeath Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2015
    San Marino
    Oh nice! Where could I find them?

Last edited by revengerofdeath, Sep 18, 2015
  11. Pedeadstrian

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Just as an FYI, you're not allowed to mention the name of sites that host ROMs, ISOs, or the like. But I would imagine it's available there and elsewhere.

12. revengerofdeath

revengerofdeath Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2015
    San Marino
    Ops....sorry:cry:

13. revengerofdeath

revengerofdeath Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2015
    San Marino
    Nope...
    they only uncensored the cutscenes...there still are in game parts censured :wink: