PS1 Swap Problems...

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by ahndoruuu, Jan 2, 2010.

Jan 2, 2010

PS1 Swap Problems... by ahndoruuu at 11:42 PM (750 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. ahndoruuu
    OP

Newcomer ahndoruuu Newbie

United States
    So in a bout of nostalgia I recently purchased a Playstation 1 (scph 5501)

I have several backups that I've burned recently and a copy of Gran Turismo.
    I try the double-swap method, and while I can get it to boot, games with intro movies of any kind are exceedingly choppy and the intro movie doesn't play. If I'm lucky enough to bypass the movie, sometimes I can play the game okay but load times are kind of exaggerated.

I've tried burning with both Alcohol 120 and CloneCD, at 4x and 1x. Using Verbatim CD-Rs.

So I'm not sure if I'm doing the swap thing wrong or something. If it boots at all, doesn't that mean you executed it correctly?

Anyways to not have to deal with this I also purchased a PS1 Gameshark Lite off ebay, brand new factory sealed copy. I thought it'd be easier and i'd probably have a higher success rate.

However when I go to boot without codes, it asks to open the lid. There is no way around this, it doesn't ask me to press X after swapping or anything. So its basically useless for swapping, but I was assured it would work...Is there something wrong I might be doing?

2. cobleman

Member cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Where you see the button pusher on the lid of your PS1 there is a button use some Bluetak to hold the button down that way you can leave the lid open and it should swap for you