1. Carnov

OP Carnov Member
    Newcomer

Philippines
    Currently, my old NTSC-U/C PS1 since back then can play backed up games, play original discs from different regions, and such so I assume it's already got a modchip albeit an earlier version. However, when I insert certain original CDs like YGO Forbidden Memories, it would just end up giving me those anti-modchip error screens.
    At this point, I should replace the modchip with something more modern right? Also, since my PS1's version is SCPH-9001, Mayumi should be good since it does things that MM3 does but better right?

2. rusty_train

rusty_train GBAtemp Regular

Not sure, you could always remove the mod chip and use TonyHax though.

alexander1970 and KleinesSinchen like this.
  3. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina

Germany
    Tonyhax is a good idea. It has an on-the-fly patcher. Maybe it also works while the old modchip is present (try before removing a working chip). YGO game is already supported. → See source code.

If all else fails there is still the possibility to apply a patch to the image file.

As for answering the initial question:
    A good source for information about PS1 modchips: https://quade.co/ps1-modchip-guide/ (follow the link for each chip for more information). I personally will try PsNee at some point (programming my own ATtiny or ATmega).

Good luck and have fun!

Edit:
    Latest Tonyhax now comes with CD images – for older modchips. Burn to CD-R, start Tonyhax and then your game backups. Should remove the problems with non-stealth modchips.
    https://github.com/socram8888/tonyhax/releases

Last edited by KleinesSinchen, May 27, 2021
    alexander1970 and Carnov like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - question, Modchip,