PS1/2 PS1 MOD

euanadixon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well i just booted up my old psone (i say old but its the newer slimmer one), anyway i was wondering if there was anyway to softmod the psone so that it can play US backups, if not does anyone know where to find pal isos? i really want to play the classics so any advice is appreciated.

euanadixon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i don't want an emulator
laugh.gif

also im not asking for an iso just for someone to point me in the right direction
oh and i have a mac
wink.gif

MercilessDeth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Search for something called a Breaker Pro. It is similar to Swap Magic on the PS2; it is a disc that you boot, and then swap to your backup and play. It requires the disc tray sensor to be fooled into thinking it is always closed, but the version I got had a spring for the original PS1 and a sticker thing that holds the trip switch on the slimmer PSone. It took me forever to find a site that would ship to America, but if you're in Europe it should be easier because there were a lot of sites that shipped exclusively over there (I'm guessing Europe since you were asking about PAL ISOs).

euanadixon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Depravo said:
This direction.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......no

QUOTE(PerfectB @ Aug 31 2009, 07:14 PM) Search for something called a Breaker Pro. It is similar to Swap Magic on the PS2; it is a disc that you boot, and then swap to your backup and play. It requires the disc tray sensor to be fooled into thinking it is always closed, but the version I got had a spring for the original PS1 and a sticker thing that holds the trip switch on the slimmer PSone. It took me forever to find a site that would ship to America, but if you're in Europe it should be easier because there were a lot of sites that shipped exclusively over there (I'm guessing Europe since you were asking about PAL ISOs).
Yeah i heard about the booster disc might have to invest in one of those

euanadixon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Depravo said:
Anyway, does the double-disk-swap trick not work on the PSone? It works on my chunky old PSX.
(slaps himself_) THANK YOU this works great...now i need pal isos which seem to be in short supply on the internet
____nothing suspicious has ever been written here____

jphriendly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hate to rain on your parade but, I suggest you edit your last post in accordance with the site rules.

QUOTE said:
Members may NOT ASK and MAY NOT PROVIDE INFORMATION or LINKS for and to places that provide ROM, WAD, and ISO files.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got a old Fat psx wtih a 4 wire mod chip that i added a switch to so i can turn it off when mod protected games boot so it can't detect the chip.before i got i swap trick worked fine but i scratched the living hell out of most my backups doing it, had to reburn games pretty often then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up