Homebrew PS0 Acekard 2i Help

Moogle100

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I was just wondering why PS0 no longer works on my Acekard. When I first got it, I had to download new firmware or something and it worked fine. It was only until recently that it stopped functioning and now white screens when I load it. Is there something wrong with my card or is this normal?

Kurobon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure exactly what the problem is I've done the exact same thing and I use acekard2i as well. Have you tried downloading a new clean rom and loading that one? I'm just speculating but I've heard some roms become damaged when updating firmware (when they're already on the card while the patch is running)

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
It's a weird problem that no one can explain, however re-extracting the rom from the original .zip file will fix it.

Moogle100

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's everything I've done so far:

1. Downloaded latest firmware from Acekard site
2. Deleted old rom and downloaded a new one.
3. Deleted old game file.
4. Blowing the cartridge.

I've tried loading the game at least 10 times now and it always does the same thing: white screens.
Do I maybe have to patch it, or something? I mean, the old ones didn't need to, but maybe with this whole fiasco, maybe?

@XWolf

Do you mean re-download it?

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Never, ever, ever blow into a cart! Moisture in your breath will eventually kill it and the DS.

OK - DS or DSi? Have you formatted the card? Have you tried another microSD? Are other games suffering

No, I didn't mean re-download - just re-copy it from your original downloaded .zip

Moogle100

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@_@ I'll keep that in mind.

Anyways, the same game file works on my brother's DSTT, I have a normal DS, no other games have any problems, haven't done any formatting. I only lightly blew into it once, but I won't anymore and thanks for the heads up. I don't think I have the original on my comp anymore.

Thinking back to what I did do, could downloading cheat.DAT from the database have caused it?

Moogle100

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind everyone.

As it turns out, I disabled the Action Replay, Soft Reset, and Download Play items and it now runs fine. If you wanna nitpick which ones need to be disabled, go ahead. I want to thank everyone for their advice also.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs. +1