gbaboy123

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So hi guys so i was wondering if you guys could help me, my deal is i have 200$ dollars so i was thinking between buying a ps vita or a nvidia shield tablet, so could somebody guide me, what are my options for hacking a ps vita and what can i play in a ps vita in its current hacking methods thanks, i heard there was a flashcard that played roms so i will really appreciate if someone could guide me up

D

Deleted User

To my knowledge, that flashcard has had no updates on the matter, so I'm assuming now it was fake.

If you're thinking of a Vita, then I would strongly recommend you find one with a low firmware first, because all of the main hacks are for firmwares 3.51 and under. Also, for that matter, you will need a PS3 to transfer content since you can't access PSN on a lower firmware Vita. Using a PS3 also activates that Vita (so you can play the games you downloaded).

parisi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
if u intend to get a ps vita to hacking it for the moment dont bother, there are no hackings that work great and smooth and are very complicated, and the games are very expensive, u need a memory card for downloading at least 16 gb and its aproximatly 40 euro. everything it's just crazy for this console. in the end the cost will be the same as a PS4. better get a psp 3000 you can ad storage cheaper and hacking very easy

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
if u intend to get a ps vita to hacking it for the moment dont bother, there are no hackings that work great and smooth and are very complicated, and the games are very expensive, u need a memory card for downloading at least 16 gb and its aproximatly 40 euro. everything it's just crazy for this console. in the end the cost will be the same as a PS4. better get a psp 3000 you can ad storage cheaper and hacking very easy

IMO this is misinformation. PSP/PS1 games with TN-V/TN-X are near-perfect (barely ever crash in fact), little bit of legwork to setup and of course PS3/qCMA required but other than that not too bad. Rejuvenate is tricky but if you want faster emulators (i.e. for SNES) maybe worth the effort. The Vita hasn't sold well and isn't too popular so picking one up used with an 8GB or 16GB card on lower firmware in good condition isn't that expensive, in the UK I paid £55 for my Phat Vita (case, 16GB card, charger included). Maybe another £50-60 for games, £35 for the PS3 to help do the exploits and transfer the few DLC Vita titles I've bought. My PS4 cost me £190 used on it's own, easily another £100 or so for the games, therefore it's still below that.

While it is true that a PSP is cheaper (console, used UMD games and storage), neither the controls nor the screen are anywhere as nice as the Vita. Super easy to mod in comparison, though, that bit is true.

Last edited by zekepliskin,

gbaboy123

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMO this is misinformation. PSP/PS1 games with TN-V/TN-X are near-perfect (barely ever crash in fact), little bit of legwork to setup and of course PS3/qCMA required but other than that not too bad. Rejuvenate is tricky but if you want faster emulators (i.e. for SNES) maybe worth the effort. The Vita hasn't sold well and isn't too popular so picking one up used with an 8GB or 16GB card on lower firmware in good condition isn't that expensive, in the UK I paid £55 for my Phat Vita (case, 16GB card, charger included). Maybe another £50-60 for games, £35 for the PS3 to help do the exploits and transfer the few DLC Vita titles I've bought. My PS4 cost me £190 used on it's own, easily another £100 or so for the games, therefore it's still below that.

While it is true that a PSP is cheaper (console, used UMD games and storage), neither the controls nor the screen are anywhere as nice as the Vita. Super easy to mod in comparison, though, that bit is true.
well if a cant play PS VITA GAMES and is only useful for psp and ps1 games then i will get a shield tablet wich emulates psp and ps1 to perfection

parisi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

your vita costed about 150 pound with all the stuf and is equal 200 euro, very expensive for one console very limited. im agree with you that vita is the best portabel console ever but without hacking its not worth. i used rejuvenate for 4 month only with snes, and i saw that rejuvenate is dead and i updated to 3.55 and dont regret. better to have a vita latter and cheaper with the native hacking in the future than now, for now i think psp 3000 is the best, you can hack and play all psp games for free and u can connect with tv that vita doesnt.

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I would still have to recommend the Vita over the NVidia Shield. A used Vita in good condition with a decent memory card can be had for ~$100. From there, Vita games are actually very cheap in America. (OP seems to be from America, hence, US prices are of most relevance to him.) Most used games are < $20, and there are actually a lot more quality games than the Vita gets credit for. On Android there isn't really a lot that utilizes the Shield's power... Especially if you're looking for something with the lasting value of a good AAA game.

That being said, what the others have mentioned is kind of right. There is PSP/PS1 hacking; it is easy and available on all firmwares (currently) without a PS3. This also includes emulators and homebrew made for PSP (including Genesis, SNES, and GBA emulators.) Native hacks are only available on a PS Vita with firmware 3.51 or lower, and require a PS3, along with a few hoops to jump through. This doesn't provide much more for the end-user at the moment, besides faster emulators that utilize more of the Vita's processor, but native hacks are kind of the only hope for a better future. There may be some hope for Vita backups in the future, but there aren't any piracy methods at the moment and the pro hackers in the Vita scene have indicated that it doesn't seem too likely to be coming any time soon.

The alleged "flashcart" is actually a P2P online sharing device that allows you to share games with others and vice-versa. In other words, in order to play a game, somebody with this same device needs to be actively sharing their legitimate copy of that game. You can then authenticate the game on your Vita with the use of their shared copy (requires an internet connection). This device has not been confirmed, and at the very least would cost ~$70. Without a large group of people actively using these devices, there wouldn't be a very strong network of shared games, so I can't recommend it even if it is real.

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
your vita costed about 150 pound with all the stuf and is equal 200 euro, very expensive for one console very limited.

Yeah but I've spent about £350 on my PS4 which is more than I've spent on both Vitas combined, and the PS4 has barely been played (lot of disappointment with the current "big" titles I've bought, or just reissues of stuff already available on the PS3). And for me not limited at all - it does all the PSP stuff with the advantage of a better screen, better SNES emulator and some great Vita titles too.

im agree with you that vita is the best portable console ever but without hacking its not worth.

Depends on how you look at it. I see the Vita as a PSP+ rather than it's own console and bought it on that basis with a mind to do hacks. If you want just any decent non-hacked console that has a great (and now cheap) games library then the PS3 is superior when it comes to value for money. I would say the Xbox 360 too but even the later models aren't built well, the controllers fall apart so easily, the DVD drives can go with no provocation on the Slims meaning you have to crack it open and adjust... ugh.

i used rejuvenate for 4 month only with snes, and i saw that rejuvenate is dead and i updated to 3.55 and dont regret. better to have a vita latter and cheaper with the native hacking in the future than now, for now i think psp 3000 is the best, you can hack and play all psp games for free and u can connect with tv that vita doesnt.

Rejuvenate isn't dead dude, if you've been keeping an eye on Wololo you'll see RetroArch packages are now available, CATSFC & Snes9x have both received updates, VitaShell 0.3 is here allowing more dumping of memory card files and a potential way to launch more homebrew without doing the Unity VitaDefilerClient tethered exploit each time. Remembering that we've only had it, what, about six months, it's very much early days.

The only benefit I can see of having 3.55 is Remote Play and PS Now, neither of which I used after the initial novelty. My Slim Vita runs 3.55 and I've barely used it in a month now - all the stuff I had on it from PS Store I got onto my Phat Vita so it can be played alongside any PS1/PSP/Rejuvenate stuff too. Just personal preference, perhaps, but I don't miss access to those two things or the PS Store at all. Much rather have the exploits sitting along stuff like Super Stardust Delta, Persona 4 GOLDEN & Zen Pinball 2 for a great load of stuff on the move.

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only benefit I can see of having 3.55 is Remote Play and PS Now, neither of which I used after the initial novelty. My Slim Vita runs 3.55 and I've barely used it in a month now - all the stuff I had on it from PS Store I got onto my Phat Vita so it can be played alongside any PS1/PSP/Rejuvenate stuff too. Just personal preference, perhaps, but I don't miss access to those two things or the PS Store at all. Much rather have the exploits sitting along stuff like Super Stardust Delta, Persona 4 GOLDEN & Zen Pinball 2 for a great load of stuff on the move.
To be fair, people without an extra Vita or a PS3 are left with no way to get digital games on their Vita unless it's on the latest firmware. There are tons of digital only games, and PS+ is a pretty sweet deal for some people. There's also the fact you can't play games online or upload trophies, but I find those to be the least of the inconveniences. All that together makes for the loss of PSN access being a pretty substantial impact. Of course, for people who do have a PS3, it's probably well worth it. Now I just wish I had bought a PS3 before my Vita so I could have the best of both worlds... XD

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep I think that's a fair point too, depends on your situation as to whether losing PSN is a big deal or not.

I'll be honest, the PS3 I paid a mere £35 for is getting way more use than the PS4 I paid £190 for so I know where the value for money is! Still waiting for Mankind Divided to drop to make it worth earning because Arkham Knight was a monumental letdown on so many levels ;-)

parisi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why u need a hack on vita for psp and ps1 games when you can buy a psp as well pretty cheap, yes we need a native hack for vita to play vita games and hombrew, but i think there is no sens to stay on the lower firmware for years just to use it as a psp and to lost all the vita present stuff. My memory card is 4 GB and is insane to use it, buy one new game and delete an other game for space, definitely we need at least 32 or 64 gb memory card. Sorry for my english

Last edited by parisi,

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
Why u need a hack on vita for psp and ps1 games when you can buy a psp as well pretty cheap, yes we need a native hack for vita to play vita games and hombrew, but i think there is no sens to stay on the lower firmware for years just to use it as a psp and to lost all the vita present stuff. My memory card is 4 GB and is insane to use it, buy one new game and delete an other game for space, definitely we need at least 32 or 64 gb memory card. Sorry for my english

Remember that 16GB is enough for some people (I can just about squeeze all the essential PS1/PSP/Vita/emulators on I want) and that not everyone wants/needs to be able to play the latest games. Only one I have which won't play is Grim Fandango Remastered which I got free as part of PS Plus anyway because it needs 3.36 and upwards I think. 3.18 is 18 months old anyways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head