PS Jailbreak - The first PS3 Modchip

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
what kind of "good news"...?? they are going to release the code..??
wtf.gif

zant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm waiting for a PSP exploit. I'd rather not shell out $30 for a chip, when i can shell out 50 for a psp 1000

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
well well,,, i got a teensy++ board here.. embedded with my own program on my past electronic projects ..

anyway... teensy has a ATMEL chip on it.. and teensy is a programmable device. i think this is a better one rather than buying PSJ, because this teensy can be reprogrammed in case that sony blocked it.

ill wait for this
biggrin.gif

edit:

teensy++ is a USB device.. almost same size with ordinary flash drive

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
t_jay17 said:
New Info via Twitter: Buy an AT90USBKEY or Teensy board now and we'll have good news soon...

Not really he said something about a windows app that will burn the code into the chip via usb serial but he also said something
about removing the bd-r emulation so it won't play backups only homebrew now thats bullshit... why give us the code application
tell us to buy this but you are removing the way to finally play ps3 backups from it yeah seriously the whole thing we been lookin
for a week the backup manager isnt going to work with this...

Seriously WHAT THE FUCK screw those damn emulators and crappy apps... and also i feel for all the fools who bought one of those
devices when they find out that when they make it there will be no ps3 backups....

I saw this on irc....efnet #ps3dev man thats wacked.....

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gisel213 said:
so it won't play backups only homebrew now thats bullshit... why give us the code application
tell us to buy this but you are removing the way to finally play ps3 backups from it
Because piracy is wrong?
tongue.gif
Before you say "But.. But .. I want to back up MY games that I have bought so they won't get damaged", need I mention as everyone has before, blu-rays are pretty damn near indestructible? Unless you throw your discs around and use a sanding block to clean the marks off them, you have nothing to worry about.

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antwill said:
gisel213 said:
so it won't play backups only homebrew now thats bullshit... why give us the code application
tell us to buy this but you are removing the way to finally play ps3 backups from it
Because piracy is wrong?
tongue.gif
Before you say "But.. But .. I want to back up MY games that I have bought so they won't get damaged", need I mention as everyone has before, blu-rays are pretty damn near indestructible? Unless you throw your discs around and use a sanding block to clean the marks off them, you have nothing to worry about.

True but that was seen in irc not on websites or his twitter updates on the code coming... so like i said there are gonna be a bunch of angry
people who buy these things and it's gonna cause problems in the ps3 scene...

Unless they buy a clone or something else to get it to work i have 60 plus ps3 games and i'm not gonna sit there like some teenager and
dump all of them shottin oh boy i got me some free games comin...i just wanted to see it actually for myself and if freely available even better
but a free method should not have restrictions like the 360 and the wii plain and simple....

SpAM_CAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
antwill said:
gisel213 said:
Because piracy is wrong?
tongue.gif

HAH! BluRays are flimsy, especially in the very middle. The cases are prone to cracking the center of the disk outwards. I had to buy a new copy of LBP and Arkham Asylum!

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SpAM_CAN said:
antwill said:
gisel213 said:
Because piracy is wrong?
tongue.gif

HAH! BluRays are flimsy, especially in the very middle. The cases are prone to cracking the center of the disk outwards. I had to buy a new copy of LBP and Arkham Asylum!
Are you sure you know how to take a disc out of its case?
tongue.gif

Aman27deep

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
India
ganons said:
zant said:
I'm waiting for a PSP exploit. I'd rather not shell out $30 for a chip, when i can shell out 50 for a psp 1000

where is everyone getting the idea that the psp can be used for this hack?

Because Mathieulh said that you might be able to do so, and now everyone with a CFW PSP will wait for his "exploit"
tongue.gif

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Aman27deep said:
ganons said:
zant said:

where is everyone getting the idea that the psp can be used for this hack?

Because Mathieulh said that you might be able to do so, and now everyone with a CFW PSP will wait for his "exploit"
tongue.gif
Nice geohot reference.
biggrin.gif

Lunatics

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gisel213 said:
t_jay17 said:
New Info via Twitter: Buy an AT90USBKEY or Teensy board now and we'll have good news soon...

Not really he said something about a windows app that will burn the code into the chip via usb serial but he also said something
about removing the bd-r emulation so it won't play backups only homebrew now thats bullshit... why give us the code application
tell us to buy this but you are removing the way to finally play ps3 backups from it yeah seriously the whole thing we been lookin

Seriously WHAT THE FUCK screw those damn emulators and crappy apps... and also i feel for all the fools who bought one of those
devices when they find out that when they make it there will be no ps3 backups....

I saw this on irc....efnet #ps3dev man thats wacked.....

It's people like you and attitudes like that that completely ruin the homebrew community.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
gisel213 said:

The current jailbreak device people are buying will have the game backup program. They're only talking about removing access to the BD emulator and such for the homemade version.

If you want you backups, go ahead and buy a premade jailbreak.
If you want to cheap out and do it at home, you get homebrew-only support if things go as they plan.

You're too new to the scene to be making any complaints. The hackers that find and release exploits and such (like Team Twiizers) are against piracy and they just want to run homebrew. It's other people that later on that modify the original hacks to support running game backups.
http://hackmii.com/2010/05/of_homebrew_and...racy/#more-1021

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
PS3 Modchip? Woohoo, now it's only a matter of time before it's somehow figured out how to play PS3 games perfectly on a PS2!
nayps3.gif

Or have Gamecube channels on the Wii.
Or exploit a computer to run games it can't run.
Or exploit above WHILE running said games at full speed.
Or play N64 and GBA gaems from any flash cart on a DS, even an R4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: