PS Jailbreak ban extended

fartos32

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
The Federal Court has extended an injunction preventing three Australian distributors from selling a world-first hack that allows Sony PlayStation 3 owners to run pirated games on the console.

The Australian online retailers OzModChips.com, Quantronics.com.au and Modsupplier.com, which sell the hardware hacks for all of the major games consoles, have been blocked by the Federal Court from selling the PS Jailbreak, described as the "world's first PS3 mod chip".

The case was first brought against the distributors last Friday and the injunction has been further extended until this Friday. It was initially in place until today, where the court was to hear Sony seek a permanent ban on the device.
Advertisement: Story continues below

Lawyers for Sony, Blake Dawson, were instructed not to comment to media on the case today.

A Modsupplier.com employee said he was instructed to offer "no comment" to media, whereas OzModChips.com instructed that an email support ticket be sent to its manager. Quantronics.com.au's telephone number was engaged when a call for comment was attempted.

The judge who first heard the matter, Justice Dodds-Streeton, will again hear it this Friday. Justice Kenny heard it today and ordered that the orders that were previously made by Justice Dodds-Streeton be continued until Friday, when the case would go back before that judge.

- With Asher Moses

Unfortunate, but not unexpected. I did have some hope that the ban might be removed, but it didn't. Too bad for all who wanted the mod ASAP. Doesn't matter for me though, I got a 360 instead
smile.gif
Not that I use it for anything unlawful the drive isn't even flashed.

Source http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/games/s...0831-14d9b.html

fartos32

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
alidsl said:
If Sony get this completely banned then there will be no ps3 hacks again
frown.gif

Also why he'll can't ninty do this? (not that I want them to)

Well it says on the OzModChips website that some samples were sent off to cloners so those who want to make backups on their ps3 only need to wait for a clone to come out. I don't have a clue what all this PSP to softmod PS3 talk is about though.

Who knows what the hell Nintendo are doing, their updates completely suck and don't seem to last a month even if the last update was 6 months ago. They don't even ban people playing online and I highly doubt it would be all that hard to detect a USB loader or backup loader running. They proved with Heart Gold and Soul Silver they're not stupid they just choose not to put much of an effort into killing softmods.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The irony is that sony's bruteforce assault against this expensive modchip has probably resulted in the tech going open source, allowing anybody to do it themselves, and probably resulting a market saturation of similar, cheaper devices.

...Makes me wonder why Sony did nothing about Datel's PSP batteries.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
The irony is that sony's bruteforce assault against this expensive modchip has probably resulted in the tech going open source, allowing anybody to do it themselves, and probably resulting a market saturation of similar, cheaper devices.

It's gone open source? Shouldn't be long now.......

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
It's gone open source? Shouldn't be long now.......
Apparently so, the website is down though, probably overloaded with traffic from the news.
http://www.ps3hax.net/2010/08/psgroove-ope...k-code-released.
But there is a screencap.
http://i.imgur.com/MsteL.jpg

Edit: Oh wait, here ya go.
http://www.ps3news.com/PS3-Hacks/psgroove-...it-is-released/
Awww.... They disabled the piracy features, it's no use to me now.........
frown.gif

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
QUOTE said:
Lawyers for Sony, Blake Dawson, were instructed not to comment to media on the case today.
translation: we haven't got a fucking clue how to stop this and need more time! take all the time you want it's already too late the coders have this and their working on something
rofl2.gif

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
RupeeClock said:

It would have been open source anyway, Sony's actions are irrelevant.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:

it was going to go that route regardless
no one wants to pay $150

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
You know I find it really interesting when stuff like this happens....It's like a huge war....And it seems like the pirates will win again.

Kinda interested to see how this all turns out.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is going to be open source if it isn't already, also who would pirate PS3 games, those would eat bandwidth quicker than your average torrent, what this needs is region free PS2 support for slim consoles because I want to play Front Mission 5 again and maybe some region free DVD support. If they took out the PS3 piracy support but added various homebrew features and good emulator support for Legacy Systems and the Saturn then I would use this and maybe Sony will stop suing.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Hop2089 said:
This is going to be open source if it isn't already, also who would pirate PS3 games, those would eat bandwidth quicker than your average torrent, what this needs is region free PS2 support for slim consoles because I want to play Front Mission 5 again and maybe some region free DVD support. If they took out the PS3 piracy support but added various homebrew features and good emulator support for Legacy Systems and the Saturn then I would use this and maybe Sony will stop suing.

Yo! That is such a good point. What are PS3 games..like a shitload of gigabytes...I'm too lazy to even download games that have been split into 3 parts. PS2 support and emulators would totally rock socks and I'd be fine.

hamstarr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:

It's already open-sourced
tongue.gif
and, you know, some people do have optic fibre in their home
wink.gif
so bandwidth isn't always a problem.
I guess Sony should have given a full access to the hardware from any other os, then I wouldnt even think about 'pirating' (if being a pirate is necessary to run 'homebrew'). I just want access to the sweet hardware in my slim!!

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hop2089 said:
agree there is absolutely NO game on the ps3 that interests me that i cannot get on my PC. if homebrew, emulators and all the shit that the wii has ever come to the ps3 i'll be running to the shops to buy one
tongue.gif

heat6jones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hop2089 said:

I already own 30+ PS3 games (Using freebie sites for 60$ amazon credits, buying games on sale for 10$ new etc) but I'd probably still pirate games with this. Even though the games are large, with my ISP I get around 10Mb/s down and with Usenet you'll max out that speed. Most games are DVD9 only the exclusives will take an entire day or so.

Still the homebrew scene is my top interest. Especially a media player with HDD blu-ray playback, better H264 support and other apps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo