TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
The wait is finally over! New users above 3.41 fw its time to join in on the fun. Thanks to PS Downgrade, PS Jailbreak is now available for all 44 million users.

PS Downgrade is a software add on that connects with your existing PS Jailbreak device. In 1 minute or less you can downgrade your consoles firmware to any previous firmware.

Simple to install; just plug PS Jailbreak into your pc and follow the gui to install PS Downgrade. Works with all past, present and future firmwares!

Turn back your console to 3.41 to jailbreak with the worlds original PS Jailbreak, or even go as far back as 3.12 to enjoy Other OS (yes LINUX is back). Completely safe to use, and does not void your warranty. PS Downgrade is completely undetecable by manufacturer, there is no history or log of your downgrade.
Please note: PS Downgrade is ONLY compatible with original PS Jailbreak, no clones or inferior USB dongles.

source

I saw this on EurAsia, and i didn't see it here.

looks like it's the same people as PSJAILBREAK.

edit:corrected post.

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't even have a PS3 but it's very good news.
smile.gif

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wasn't the original PS Jailbreak banned and never even sold?

Maybe we're thinking about somethign different. I am talking about the one that OzModChips were showing off.

The one that was susposed to cost over $100

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iFish said:
Wasn't the original PS Jailbreak banned and never even sold?

Maybe we're thinking about somethign different. I am talking about the one that OzModChips were showing off.

The one that was susposed to cost over $100

yea it was, but i am sure we can get a clone out sooner or later to downgrade with all the other devices.

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emigre said:
If you downgrade, doesn't it mean you're still fucked if want to play games that require FW 3.42 and above?

no, you can get around this. read here. somehow, i think i better get a ps3 real soon
tongue.gif

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
this is so fake it is untrue, it just another empty lie by the jailbreak team. these guys will never have anything new a all 3rd party usb devices have been locked down tight after firmware 3.41, so i cannot see how they can get the usb dongle to even be seen by the ps3 in 3.50. plus the video does not even show that the ps3 is connected to the tv, or show any process of the downgrade except a quick cut of the dongle flashing the another cut of the screen showing 3.41. fake fake fake...................sudeki300

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
might be a software limit that they put into the code, I am sure once the hackers get a hold of it and dump everything, they will find a way around it, as for it being fake, they have been saying for a while they have a solution in the works. so if they really did then this is it. I am just going to wait to see what happens before i buy anything xD.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Everybody in the know seems to think it's real. They are also going on about how the PS3s security seems to mainly have being a result of marketing and lack of motivation rather than good design so maybe others are working on something too.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't know how they claim it will work "on all future upgrades", but if they think anyone is going to pay for this, they are quite mistaken. It will without a doubt be reverse engineered within a few weeks at the most I'd say, and ported to the many open source ports and all the cheap clones too. And without the ridiculous one time use and $40 price (on top of the $100 for the original dongle. Or buy the dongle AND the downgrade for the bargain price of...$125)

Anyhow, not really the solution they promised. But I guess it is a solution. But I don't see why if they can downgrade from 3.50, they can't "jailbreak" on 3.50? If they are capable of booting into a mode where they can install a lower firmware, surely they can run unsigned code at some point in the process?

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
I don't know how they claim it will work "on all future upgrades", but if they think anyone is going to pay for this, they are quite mistaken. It will without a doubt be reverse engineered within a few weeks at the most I'd say, and ported to the many open source ports and all the cheap clones too. And without the ridiculous one time use and $40 price (on top of the $100 for the original dongle. Or buy the dongle AND the downgrade for the bargain price of...$125)

Anyhow, not really the solution they promised. But I guess it is a solution. But I don't see why if they can downgrade from 3.50, they can't "jailbreak" on 3.50? If they are capable of booting into a mode where they can install a lower firmware, surely they can run unsigned code at some point in the process?

I am sure that all will be revealed soon enough, all we can do it wait
smile.gif

another reason i think that it's a one time downgrade is because they do not want people going around and downgrading all there friends ps3's, so they basically force you to buy a new one each time.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SifJar said:
If they are capable of booting into a mode where they can install a lower firmware, surely they can run unsigned code at some point in the process?

They probably think they can sell the downgrade for a couple of months and then start selling a v2 jailbreak that uses the newer exploit/works on newer firmware.

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
default2k said:
So is the PS3 hackeable or not??

just have some patience, I am sure that all will be answered soon enough. mathieulh will more than likely get a copy of it, and do what he did last time.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
default2k said:
So is the PS3 hackeable or not??Currently firmwares up to 3.41 can be hacked (in case you never heard the news), it's 3.42 and above that can't be, which is why this downgrade is news (if it's real).

QUOTE(SifJar @ Nov 12 2010, 01:22 PM) But I don't see why if they can downgrade from 3.50, they can't "jailbreak" on 3.50? If they are capable of booting into a mode where they can install a lower firmware, surely they can run unsigned code at some point in the process?
This might be something outside of the firmware.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:
SifJar said:
But I don't see why if they can downgrade from 3.50, they can't "jailbreak" on 3.50? If they are capable of booting into a mode where they can install a lower firmware, surely they can run unsigned code at some point in the process?

That's what I was thinking, some sort of bootloader exploit? But I have no idea how the PS3 boots to even work out if that sounds feasible.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
SifJar said:
But I don't see why if they can downgrade from 3.50, they can't "jailbreak" on 3.50? If they are capable of booting into a mode where they can install a lower firmware, surely they can run unsigned code at some point in the process?

If so, that could explain their confidence in the future-proofness of the downgrade. However, if this is so, hopefully someone will find a way to exploit the outside of firmware exploit (I am assuming this is again an exploit) to patch and load the firmware, so that it has the effect of jailbreaking the firmware. Perhaps even permanently
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.