Gaming Proxy Switcher messed me up somehow...

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a while back I tried out Proxy Switcher. I had it mostly set to Direct Connection, and only switched when I needed it. Well, the trial period is over, it WAS set to direct connection when I uninstalled, but there are sites I frequent that I can no longer access because they say I'm under proxy. How can I fix this? ANY ideas?

EDIT: So this may be a false alarm. I just checked the site that's booting me out due to proxy on http://www.isup.me/ and it says its down. (I can't say the name of the site due to it being a forum that supplies questionable content.) So maybe there's an issue on their end. I'll just wait and see.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've taken out every proxy setting I could fine. Windows, Firefox, and even IE. I even reinstalled Proxy Switcher, loaded it up in Safe Mode, and verified that it said Direct Connection.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then it's not a proxy, check your hosts file at: C:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Took a look and didn't see anything suspect. The hosts file is exactly as I had it last. Any other ideas, or is my suspicion that the site could just be being stupid be valid?

EDIT: Had our intern at the office pull it up on his computer, and it did the same to him. He's NEVER run any proxy related anything, so it does indeed seem to be the site. I can PM the site to you if you'd like to see yourself to verify.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1