Proper Process for Updating firmware?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by bubbabyte, Oct 23, 2010.

Oct 23, 2010
  1. bubbabyte
    OP

Newcomer bubbabyte Member

United States
    I tried searching the forums before posting but could only find out how to put firmware on, which i already know.

What i want to know is when a new version of M3i firmware/sakura etc is released, what's the proper way to upgrade it all without losing anything.
    Do i have to remove all my games and them put them back on as well as the save's? Or can i just overwrite the system files to the new version and everything will run smoothly?

2. Fel

Member Fel GBAtemp's Adventurer

Czech Republic
    I usually just overwrite the files by dropping the new SYSTEM folder onto the older SYSTEM folder in Vista's and it works fine, so I'd say yes! [​IMG] It does always ask me if I want to merge the two folders though, to which I say yes, I'm not sure if in XPs it only replaces it completely or if it merges as well. Either way, all the games if you keep them in a separate folder like you should will be fine since saves are in the same folder as games. I just advise backing up all of your save files (.sav, .ocht...just everything except .nds in the games folder) before updating to a newer version, because sometimes your saves can get corrupted - if they do, just take the backuped ones and replace those corrupted ones. [​IMG]

3. bubbabyte
    OP

Newcomer bubbabyte Member

United States
    awesome, thanks for the help.

4. Fel

Member Fel GBAtemp's Adventurer

Czech Republic
    Be welcome. [​IMG]