Gaming Prometheus patching with iso_tool not working?

luke_c

Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
As I refuse to use the Prometheus firmwares I would like to manually patch the games myself. I thought I had it down but apparently not as after I decrypted the EBOOT and then patched it with Prometheus I get the same errors, I have disabled all plugins etc alas to no prevail.
I have tried this with two games: Fifa 11 and Valkyrie Chronicles 2. I used the 06BETA1 module to patch VC2 and the ME631 (latest) module to patch Fifa 11. Am I using the wrong modules? Is it my firmware? (On 5.00 M33-6) I also checked to make sure there is no specific module for the games like BBS aswell. Some swift help would be appreciated as I am going to some Caravan park up north tommorow for some visits and this would be idea for the 5-hour car journey.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Download patched isos?
Also, what are all these modules you speak of? Aren't you supossed to simply use the latest isotool to patch them and not run any other things?

luke_c

Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Goli said:
Download patched isos?
Also, what are all these modules you speak of? Aren't you supossed to simply use the latest isotool to patch them and not run any other things?
I would rather learn the process myself instead of downloading pre-patched ISOs with god knows what else in there.
There is multiple modules you can use to 'Prometheus patch' with iso_tool implements these modules in and you can choose which one to use, there are specific modules for specific games. E.g. you need to use the KHBBS module for Birth by Sleep and so on...

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Try the default options?
QUOTE said:
Takka has released ISO Tool v1.79. New features are present and a few more games supported via the Prometheus patcher. You can now select which patch to apply if it doesn’t do it automatically. ISO Tool is an application that lets you rip UMD’s to ISO format and also decrypts ISO’s and rebuilds ISO’s. It also has many other handy features.

luke_c

Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Goli said:
Try the default options?
QUOTE said:
Takka has released ISO Tool v1.79. New features are present and a few more games supported via the Prometheus patcher. You can now select which patch to apply if it doesn’t do it automatically. ISO Tool is an application that lets you rip UMD’s to ISO format and also decrypts ISO’s and rebuilds ISO’s. It also has many other handy features.
There is no such 'default' option. I got it working now anyway, I was forgetting to do the extra step needed for 5.00 M33-6, which is import the libfont.prx. All the games I have patched are working fine now!

cambridge_red

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you have a untouched ISO :

Download iso_tool 1.81 then.....

Copy the "iso_tool" to PSP/GAME.

Copy the untouched ISO file of the game to memory sticks ISO folder.

Run the Iso Tool you downloaded. Choose the ISO you want to fix, press X.

From the ISO menu, choose EBOOT decrypt, Press X

click on YES for on all questions. After the process is done, The first step is complete.

Now the second step.

Choose ISO again, press X again, this time choose PATCH,

then click on PATCH Prometheus and press X.

After its done, press on the triangle button and choose exit to exit the software.

Now the ISO is fixed, you can play the game.

Thanks to liquidzigong and Takka

This tutorial was written by Hako over on pspiso.

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
the iso tool archive doesnt contain all the needed files, no prx's or the new 631 promethius.
so you need to get all the stuff seperatly.
also you need to decrypt *all* the prx's in the games, not just the libfont.

i still have not found a game that cant be run on m33 after manually patching.
umdgen and edecrypt are still the prefered tools - edecrypt will patch firmware checks in the eboot - other decryptors dont.

btw, "despicable me - the game" will work if you use the ME631 promethius.
and it's a real good game - it's a platform puzzle type game.
smile.gif

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll ask here rather than start a new thread.

Wanted god of war ghost of sparta working on my psp (5.00 m33). Got iso tool, got me631 and stuck it in the relevant folder. Ran iso tool decrypted and patched with 631 and it launches fine.

Yet all the tutorials say for m33 you have to import libfont.prx. So is it not necessary for god of war or will it lock up or something later on (only checked to see if it booted).

Also onto the .prx files (in case I need to do it for other games). Iso tool does not come with them (prx folder is empty) and clicking to import just locks the psp and it shuts off (I guess because there is nothing to import).

Searching around, there doesn't seem to be much info on where to get them? (I guess not too many are still on m33). Closest thing I found was someone saying you get them from the game itself and decrypt them using prx decryptor, then shove em in the prx folder ready for import, this correct? If so how do you make it work as I took the three prx that can be imported in iso tool, from the god of war iso. Prx decrypter 2.6a found them, but failed to work, says something like unsigned check failed and does nothing
frown.gif

Thanks.

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
not all games contain prx's
if your game works it probably didnt have any.
you can check with umdgen.

if it does, just decrypt them using a hex editor and edecrypt and then put them back in the iso.

there are very few games that need any specific stuff.
ace combat x2 needs a special prometheus,
dj max 3 needs a patched eboot,
dragonball tag team needs a special prometheus and a prx.
project diva2 needs a special prometheus and a prx.

i cant think of any others.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Project Diva 2, K-On Houkago Live, Dead Or Alive Paradise etc...

Libfont was needed for God Eater and pretty much just that....

QUOTE said:
just decrypt them using a hex editor and edecrypt

Now that is far easier said in a single sentence than done, because without telling people which string to modify they won't know....and besides why edecrypt? PRX Decrypter is a far more user controllable interface.

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
user controllable interface? how easier than pressing the square button do you want?
besides, afaik only edecrypt will patch firmware checks needed for m33

i did k-on using regular prometheus and it runs fine btw - obviously i also decrypted any prx's i found.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
edecrypt and PRX decrypter are both fine for decryption for M33 when used with ISO Tool/Prometheus. You're referring to using the tool when it was first released and games like Disgaea 2, Gran Turismo, Il Sturmovik et al. all needed patching as they were 5.50 games. In that instance eDecrypt was the tool for the job. When it comes to the Prometheus method PRX Decrypter is fine, and more readily updated.

As for K-On, if you check liquidzigong's fixes on a9vg you need to install the libmp3.prx into PSP_GAME / SYSDIR if you want the Photo mode to work. It's a 6.30 module so whilst with the latest 631 Prometheus it may be fine, just over a week ago it wasn't and needed Prometheus patching and the libmp3.prx.

alo123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did not want to make a thread so I will ask here ok so I download iso_tool 1.81 and
the ME631 folder was empty where do I find the files I put in there
Also is there instructions on how to patch 6.30 games for 5.00m33-6

Edit: I figured out how to patch it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome