Homebrew Promblem using Tinker (theme manager) Please help

Lotoonlink

Probably doesn't know what he's talking about
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
image.jpeg I loaded up tinker like normal, but whenever I select a theme to install and it takes me to the menuhax manager, there is no option to install custom themes. Please help.image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    780 KB · Views: 269

Lotoonlink

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did, somebody else also posted the same error a while back so I thought nobody would see it when I posted it in there.

Lotoonlink

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Put the theme files to /3ds/menuhax_manager/
I did. :( Do i need to put all of the themes I'm using in there? Would'nt that defeat the purpose of tinker in the first place? Also what is a cfg file, it says to get the install option for custom themes I need to get one...

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I think you can't do a custom theme on 11.0 and have menuhax installed at the same time. Something to do with how the new exploit works on 11.0.

Reactions: Lotoonlink

Lotoonlink

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you can't do a custom theme on 11.0 and have menuhax installed at the same time. Something to do with how the new exploit works on 11.0.
But I thought that Tinker was made to support theme/menuhax? However it doesnt work on 11.0? Can anyone else confirm/link to a source that confirms this. If this is true...rip my beautiful "May and Brendan Pokemon" theme... :'(

erman1337

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
But I thought that Tinker was made to support theme/menuhax? However it doesnt work on 11.0? Can anyone else confirm/link to a source that confirms this. If this is true...rip my beautiful "May and Brendan Pokemon" theme... :'(
Yeah, looks like the exploit used by menuhax on 11.0 doesn't use themes

https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/3DS_Userland_Flaws#Home_Menu

So I guess that allows the themes to be normally installed but idk

Last edited by erman1337,

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
tinker does support menuhax but in ur pic it says on the 3rd line "sdiconhax" which most likely means it doesn't actually use a theme to use the exploit
Ninja'd :ninja:

Lotoonlink

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tinker does support menuhax but in ur pic it says on the 3rd line "sdiconhax" which most likely means it doesn't actually use a theme to use the exploit
Ninja'd :ninja:
Lol what? I'm so confuzzeled (I'm new to homebrew) so going to the menuhaxinstaller and choosing install doesnt actually install menuhax??? Does this have anuything to do with me using gridlauncher. Also where did sdiconhax come from, as in how did I even install that. I'm such a noob. :( Do you have any alternatives I can use?

erman1337

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Lol what? I'm so confuzzeled (I'm new to homebrew) so going to the menuhaxinstaller and choosing install doesnt actually install menuhax??? Does this have anuything to do with me using gridlauncher. Also where did sdiconhax come from, as in how did I even install that. I'm such a noob. :( Do you have any alternatives I can use?
Menuhax doesn't exploit the themes feature in 11.0. You might try installing the theme normally but as I said, IDK if it will break anything or not

Lotoonlink

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Menuhax doesn't exploit the themes feature in 11.0. You might try installing the theme normally but as I said, IDK if it will break anything or not
So basically, the reason it was changed from themehax to menuhax is because it does'nt exploit the themes anymore, meaning I can't use MenuHax manager to add themes? By the way, how would you install a theme normally? (Thanks for all your help so far guys.)

erman1337

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So basically, the reason it was changed from themehax to menuhax is because it does'nt exploit the themes anymore, meaning I can't use MenuHax manager to add themes? By the way, how would you install a theme normally? (Thanks for all your help so far guys.)
Correct. You can install themes normally using CHMM2.

Lotoonlink

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ummm did I just get ninja'd? Is that a thing? I'm going to go cry in a corner now...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Correct. You can install themes normally using CHMM2.
I heard that breaks menuhaxs though... or was that only for themehax. I understand you already said you don't know if this will break anything, but if it does... can't I just re-install menuhax afterwards?

Lotoonlink

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got ninja'd which means @MarioErmando commented before me just as I was about to comment
Ahhh... I see. I thought it was something people did after they posted a comment, then click edit button and add ninj'ad at the end. That way when someone qouted them, it would show ninj'ad, but I geuss I was wrong. :3

If I break menuhax by installing themes from CHMM2 can I just re-install it normally afterwards or do I risk other files also getting damaged?

Reactions: Slattz

Lotoonlink

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have another working entrypoint you can reinstall it
Like browserhax right?

OOOOOOMMMMMMMGGGGG IT WORKED ON CHMM2!!111!!!1 THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS!! Big thanks to @Slattz and @MarioErmando ps.Thank you for 3dsthem.es!

If a Moderator comes by here, feel free to close the thread <3

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    795.2 KB · Views: 176
Reactions: Slattz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1