Project Monster announced! Info/screenies!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
While most of our time at IGN is spent playing games for review, eating countless bags of chips, and chugging energy drinks until we forget what day it is, every once in a while we get the chance to break the mold and do something a bit more unique. In the past the IGN Nintendo team specifically has had a chance to pull the curtain back on a few great projects, including the world debut of Scribblenauts, The Conduit, Dementium 2, and more recently The Grinder. This time around we're back on DS, and we've got the privilege to show off another title currently underway, though not yet picked up by publishers.

Project Monster comes from developer DreamRift; a company that is made up of previous development teams that combine from all over the industry, including work on Tony Hawk's Proving Ground, The Red Star, Dementium: The Ward on DS, Guitar Hero III, and most recently notably from the Henry Hatsworth crew. With a large chunk of the original Hatsworth team splitting away (over 85%, including the company founders which were actually lead programmer and lead designer respectively on Hatsworth) DreamRift has been working tirelessly on a new original IP. Project Monster takes the concept of combining gameplay mechanics, as well as retaining a lot of what made Hatsworth so fun on a core mobility and combat level, and brings it together in an all-new experience.

Screenies:

project-monster-20091106043451587.jpg

project-monster-20091106043444884.jpg

Considering it's from the same team as Henry Hatsworth, which was awesome, it looks promising. It still has no publisher or release date as of yet, but keep a look out for it!

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keeping my eye on this! Some more details-

- developed by DreamRift, a company that features devs that worked on Tony Hawk's Proving Ground, The Red Star, Dementium: The Ward, Guitar Hero III, and Henry Hatsworth
- game doesn't have a publisher as of right now
- The lead character (Ellie) discovers a magical monster named Chomp, a
- gameplay involves mechanics akin to those in Mega Man, Mario, and Metroid
- monster raising element to the gameplay as well
- Chomp can be used to put up defensive shields, attack enemies with a stretch attack, and be used like a trampoline
- if Chomp takes a lot of damage, he must go back to the bottom screen and rest
- items can be tossed down to Chomp to help with the evolution process
- Chomp changes based on decisions you make
- Ellie finds Chomp when she mistakenly enters the Monster World
- Ellie and Chomp work together to save the Monster Kingdoms from the evil kings of the realm
- each Monster Kingdom is ruled by a human king with their pet monster
- visit the pet store to help raise your monster
- main character can also be powered up
- give your monster food, toys, equipment, and items to change it
- development is one third complete
- devs looking to release it in second quarter 2010

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=103337

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the title said "Pocket Monster announced!"... Yeah... Anyways, looks similar to a bunch of games I've played...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Henry Hatsworth wasn't perfect but its one of the best DS games this year for me.

I hope a good enough publisher (one that can promote it well) will pick it up as its already high on my list of DS games for next year.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr