Programmer's Notepad Quesiton

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Keeley, Feb 21, 2009.

Feb 21, 2009

Programmer's Notepad Quesiton by Keeley at 2:38 AM (669 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Keeley
    OP

Member Keeley GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I have a question what exactly does the .pnproj do ? I don't really know how to use it and it looks like's its required for compiling and how to you set it up?

Oh yeah and one more question does anyone know where do get developing tut's besides codemii.com?

2. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    .pnproj is the extention for "Programer's Notepad Project", when you have writting some instructions there, you can save your project so executing this file will reconect all your #include and needed files, if they keep his structure, for compiling you press Alt + 1, and if you mean tut's for Wii, then I haven't found any others, although you could find some programing in C and C++ tut's [​IMG]

3. SilverSurfR

Member SilverSurfR GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This might be better answered in the Homebrew and Games and Applications forum.

There's some info on setting up with DevKitPro here

The pnproj file tells PN what files are part of your project. So when you open the pnproj file all associated files can easily be accessed within PN without having to open them individually each time.
    Ether's explanation is much better.

As far as creating a new pnproj file for existing code *shrug*. It's not required to compile. Most source (that I've seen) has a makefile you use to compile.

4. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    this is actually a better explanation of someone who really knows about it ....!! [​IMG] ^^^^

EDIT:
    [​IMG]

5. SilverSurfR

Member SilverSurfR GBAtemp Regular

United States
    LMAO...

I don't really "know" much about it. Other than it's included with DevKitPro. Just installed DKP few days ago. Want to try playing around with someone's source and my VERY limited general knowledge in programming.