Hacking programmer for chiip

Perplexer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little heat won't kill the Atmel; it should be fine. Now, having it wired backwards MIGHT have caused a problem (voltage on the wrong pin could kill it) but since it would just be low voltage from your parallel port, I still think the Atmel is fine.

If you are curious, and want to pay for shipping both ways, you can mail me your Atmel and I'll try programming it. If it is indeed dead, I'll sell you a preprogrammed replacement for cheap. PM me if interested.

Smack

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If you are confident the programmer is hooked up properly then it might be your chip. I don't suppose you ordered more than 1 to test it. Also, you have a lot of excess material on your programmer and maybe some of your leads are crossing. Otherwise you may have to get outside help on this one.

orb_nsc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm new here.
smile.gif
I built my programmer and Chiip today, since my order finally came from Futurlec. I was going to hook it up, but my collection of security bits didn't include a triwing long enough to get all way down into the case for a couple of them. So I had to order an actual screwdriver for it.

But anyway, I also had problems getting the programmer to work. I built it, double checked everything, hooked it up to the computer. Got the same error message (cannot connect). Double checked the connections again, still nothing.

I hooked it up to another computer and tried it, and it worked on the first try. I guess it's really picky about how the parellel port is set up. I haven't used that port on any computer in forever, so I wouldn't even know what settings to change. But it did program the chip, so I'm satisfied.

It's not pretty, but it works.

P3160654s.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Touché.