Program to run math formulas?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by DarkFocus, Jan 23, 2010.

Jan 23, 2010
  1. DarkFocus
    OP

Member DarkFocus GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    My math teacher lets me use my ds as a calculator in class so is there any program with a big list of formulas or an ebook or something that I could run on it?

2. Magmorph

Member Magmorph GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    There is a TI 84 calculator emulator.

3. DarkFocus
    OP

Canada
    I know I'm using it. I meant is there like a big list of formulas with everything I could need somewhere like in the form of an ebook or text file or even a ds program dedicated specifically to it

edit:actually I think its a t 83+ emu is there any difference?

4. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Isn't that called... umm... cheating? [​IMG]

5. Magmorph

Member Magmorph GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You would have to be more specific. How hard is it to make a list yourself? Depending on what math class you are in, I doubt you would need every formula ever made.

6. DarkFocus
    OP

Canada
    the teacher lets me and we're allowed to use a cheat sheet with formulas for test we're supposed to make it ourselves though so I guess it is a little [​IMG]

7. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    You could fairly easily make a list of all the required formulae. Depending on the formulae, you could maybe use plain txt file, and view it with DSOrganize, Moonshell, DS Libris, DS Reader etc.

If its formula with lots of symbols, you may be better to go with either a PDF and use Ands PDF Viewer (I think its called that), or else use a load of image files and view them with Moonshell or Comic Book DS.

Of course, you won't be able to switch between formulae and the calculator very easily....

8. DarkFocus
    OP

Canada
    my notes got destroyed when a water bottle emptied in my bag... while technically they got destroyed when I left them out to dry cause my mom threw them out >:/
    its grade 12 college/applied level math by the way

9. DarkFocus
    OP

Canada
    good point I might as well right it out on a piece of paper I was just checking to see if their were any files like that already made.

10. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Re-make your list and get it laminated.
    Your DS won't fare any better against a water bottle [​IMG]

11. Wadissem

Newcomer Wadissem Member

United States
    [​IMG] You could use the mario calculator app or you could type your own save it at a text file and put it on your acekard if you have one. [​IMG]

12. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Hate to say it, but you'd really be better of writing it down. The DS would simply be an inefficient way of doing this. When it comes time for the test, do you really want to spend 30+ second shutting down the TI-83 emulator and booting the formula viewer, then another 30+ seconds switching back to the calculator so you can run your calculations? The alternative is to simply organize your formula sheet in such a way that you know exactly where to look, taking 5 seconds to find and read the formula, and then you can keep plugging away at the problem.