Program to edit the extra fan that's connected to the case?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Satangel, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Satangel
    OP

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Hi,

I have 3 fans in my case, 1 for the GPU, 1 for the CPU and 1 extra fan that is attached to the case.
    How can I edit the one for the CPU and the one that is attached to the case?
    Can I do that with Everest?

And my GPU is around 40 degrees Celsuis according to Everest, but still the fan for it is running at 2700 RPM's, which produces a lot of sound.
    I'm just in Windows, browsing and listening to music and still it's spinning like crazy!

2. Scorpei

Member Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    What video card do you have? Riva tuner can change fan proramns afaik (gpu). As for the case fan, maybe speedfan?

3. Satangel
    OP

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    I have a Nvidia Geforce 8800GTS 512 MB.

But I rebooted my system, and it's all fixed now, the GPU fan doesn't make a lot of sound anymore.
    It's all back to normal now.

I have Riva Tuner and I have Speedfan.
    But in Speedfan, I tried lowering the speeds of the fans to hear what fans were which fans in the system, but I didn't hear a real difference.
    Do I have to press another button or so? I just changed the values to 0 and listened for 10 seconds or so.

4. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    are the fans 4 pin?

5. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Happens all the time to my 8800 GT, i dunno why, but just like you, i restart and then its fine.

i wonder why though ?

6. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    you can't actually control case fans unless they are connected to your motherboard in some way, a lot of case fans just connect directly to your power supply, which will require a fan controller to control