kesadisan

OP
Trophies
Website
www.lonestudio.net
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi guys, we know undubbing DS Rom was easy, except this one...

We know Professor Layton And The Diabolical Box already Dumped, and I was wondering about undubing since this 2nd series got more speaked dialogue

I'm trying to replace the STREAM folder and SOUND folder

first I tought it works, when running the first opening dislogue altough at very first it got really short, almost impossible to read the word, next the video sound has undubbed (from STREAM folder) then some dialogue progress without problem, but the problem comes to that old researcher, it comes that suddenly he speak english...

so I mean it seems like the dialogue from Japanese one got more extended...

So... anyone can solve this to make this all japanese???

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
I can understand undubbing a game that's set in Japan, based on anime or something, but why take a game that's set in the west and give all the characters Japanese voices?

kesadisan

OP
Trophies
Website
www.lonestudio.net
XP
Country
Indonesia
uhhh.... I don't know...
OK forget it...
like I say before I hat e luke voice

on the first series I replace it with EU voice (Luke's better on EU)

now on this series I just wanna try to undub it to JP...
you know... I just wondering...

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I agree with kesadisan about Luke's voice... It horrible. Why they changed his voice from the first game???

If you only could change only Luke in japanese
tongue.gif
that would be a funny patch. Layton in english, luke in japanese.

off-topic : I hate Level-5 for the thing they did... No translation on Inazuma Eleven...47+ episodes of anime. 2 translated games of Layton...1 movie in 2010??? Wtf? Translate Inazuma at last

daknight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
N-TG said:
I agree with kesadisan about Luke's voice... It horrible. Why they changed his voice from the first game???

tongue.gif

off-topic : I hate Level-5 for the thing they did... No translation on Inazuma Eleven...47+ episodes of anime. 2 translated games of Layton...1 movie in 2010??? Wtf? Translate Inazuma at last

Well, Level-5 isn't a huge company to be able to do all that. All the games release in the states where in collaboration with big studios (Such as Sony, Nintendo, Square). Professor Layton got in the states thanks to there working a publishing deal with Nintendo. They don't have a distribution system in the states either. Right now publishing rights in the states (and EU) are in the hands of Nintendo. As for Inazuma Eleven...guess they haven't found someone willing to work with them to release it here.

Maybe the Layton movie will come states site. They are a SMALL japaness company that can't risk expanding to fast and is the reason they been succesful so far. Though I am with you and wishing those games would be release outside of japan...I don't hate Level-5 for it though. I will if they don't manage to strike a deal for publishing the game they are developing with Studio Ghibli! Disney release there movies...give them the change to try out for there first ever collaboration game!

pepe2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
event folder is diferent there is 1 more event inside the japanese version i dont kwo if that does something i've just copied the whole stream and sound folder from japanes to us version ( i deleted the us folfers first) and all seems to work perfect.

Louisvanharten

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
N-TG said:

tongue.gif
quoted for truth
biggrin.gif
I'd love to see someone succeed at that, Luke's voice just kills the mood every time I hear it :s

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
N-TG said:

tongue.gif

If Layton sells more than Inazuma Eleven then as one would assume it'd be more beneficial for the company to bring over Layton. At least in my opinion that's how it works...

kesadisan

OP
Trophies
Website
www.lonestudio.net
XP
Country
Indonesia
It's not Level 5 that localize this game
Nintendo did. And Nintendo did sucks on Dubbing

Layton Voice is awesome, really
but Luke? Europe Version is more Luke Like...

FYI = Luke in Japanese was dubbed by Woman...

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
A usual thing for small kids in anime... They always get women to do them. Like Hirano Aya (Voice of Suzumiya Haruhi) will do Dende in Dragonball Kai.

Also for the comment that Level-5 is a small company. For me a company that has 1 anime series, plans for producing 1 Layton movie every winter, a game that got 7 awards with 4 sequels etc etc isn't a small company at all.

And lastly Noitora, usual a game that sells good in Japan never comes out in America and this applies for a lot of great games and not only on DS but for PSP, Wii,PS3, XBOX360 and Im not talking for the Jump Series or Super Robot series.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-