Star Trek Fan Club

"Prodigy"....

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I watched the first episodes of Prodigy. Is it as good as the other new Star Trek series like Discovery, Picard, and Lower Decks? No. Was it terrible? Definitely not. So far, I like where it's going. I'll keep watching, even if it's clearly for a younger audience. It has things for veteran fans too.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks pretty dumb to me. Is Kate Mulgrew getting desperate?
We've had plenty of veteran Trek actors voice acting on new (and old) shows. I don't see how this is any different.

As I said before, Prodigy has potential, and it's definitely watchable as long as you acknowledge what it is and is not.

I also wouldn't say Mulgrew is desperate. She's an actor who has been in a lot of good things since Voyager ended (including but not limited to Orange is the New Black), and the show looks like it's going to bring Trek to a whole new generation. That's a good thing.

LeoTCK

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I only saw the pilot of this. Indeed most of it felt nothing like Star Trek at all. They could have made this planet Rura Penthe or something but no...they made it all weird and like Star Wars. I get it that as the series goes on there are more and more Star Trek things but nah its not for me. If they fixed the visuals and made it a little different then it would have had something going for it, but its almost like it was a cancelled Star Wars series made desperately into Star Trek...

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see that many of you are judging the show based on the first quarter. I believe the first 6-8 are slow but remember, it's a kids show that is introducing Trek to a new generation. AFTER the first quarter, the show kicks into full on Star Trek gear and quite frankly, Prodigy is one of the better shows of the "Nu Trek" era. I'd say it's in the top 3 that's how freggin good Prodigy gets!

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: